Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Buying A 2007 911 Tt Using Google Checkout

gas-man

I have been on the market for either 2007 911 turbo or 2009 911 S. Finally found one 2007 911 turbo from a private seller. I am from west coast and seller is from east coast. Wants to do the deal through GOOGLE CHECKOUT. I am used to dealing through my bank but seller wants to get it through google checkout. Has anybody have experience buying a car through this service? I checked it out where I can buy small items but I do not know if they have service for buying cars. I appreciate for any input before I pull the trigger on this.

I have been on the market for either 2007 911 turbo or 2009 911 S. Finally found one 2007 911 turbo from a private seller. I am from west coast and seller is from east coast. Wants to do the deal through GOOGLE CHECKOUT. I am used to dealing through my bank but seller wants to get it through google checkout. Has anybody have experience buying a car through this service? I checked it out where I can buy small items but I do not know if they have service for buying cars. I appreciate for any input before I pull the trigger on this.

Do know anyone local that can fascilitate the transaction for you -- or at least prove the car is real?

Can you have the seller do a PPI at a dealership near him -- at least you get some eyes on the vehicle

and a little piece of mind.

I'd be a little nervous.

Heck for the price your probably paying -- flying out there, inspecting it, and handing over a cashiers check wouldn't be a bad idea.

Then you can either drive it home -- or have it transported.

just me, and I've bought 5 cars site unseen -- but this smells a little fishy.

m

Do know anyone local that can fascilitate the transaction for you -- or at least prove the car is real?

Can you have the seller do a PPI at a dealership near him -- at least you get some eyes on the vehicle

and a little piece of mind.

I'd be a little nervous.

Heck for the price your probably paying -- flying out there, inspecting it, and handing over a cashiers check wouldn't be a bad idea.

Then you can either drive it home -- or have it transported.

just me, and I've bought 5 cars site unseen -- but this smells a little fishy.

m

Thanks for the reply man, I know the answer. It's a scam !!!!!. First I talked to him to do it "old school" I will fly out there and see the car and if I like it i will give him a cashiers check and done. He gives a lot of reason, he's busy and he cannot be there, he's always on the road. I told him then that I have family in new jersey and they are willing to inspect the car for me if there is somebody in his house to show the car and if they say it is ok I will send money to them and when he is in-town they can go there to give the check and pick-up the car. He tells me this story that because he is in financial trouble his wife and family is alway with him on the road and nobody is in their house and the best way is to do it through googlecheckout. I was already suspicious but did not give him any ideas. So I said ok I will go through the deal thru google checkout. so he sends me some google id. I did not tell him that I've already research about google checkout. they are a cash flow system just like paypal which I have used before. they are not an escrow service that will hold money for the buyer before releasing it to the seller. I also did some research 'coz he sent me a VIN for the car and even a carfax report so I looked it up thru a website where you can look-up some public records from DMV. I paid $ 20 but I think it is worth it rather than loosing $69,500 which he wanted for the car and even willing to come down because he said he is in a financial bind. I found out that the car is in South Shore porsche for $89000. So I called him back and as he was convincing me about being happy when I received he car, I told him if he works for South Shore Porsche, He said no and he is a private seller and gave me a name richard beizer as the owner of the car. I told him that I saw the same car, same VIN at South Shore Porsche, he was surprised and I told him that I know about Google checkout and I will report him to the FBI "fraud " Division if he does not stop sending me e-mail. he immediately hang-up.

I guess the lesson here is if you are going to spend that amount of money to have a little patience in checking some facts or you will be SCAMMED.

• 1 month later...