Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hello, everyone, I just bought a 2005 996 4S tip with 9700 miles, trading my E90 335i;it is Arctic Silver on black and is my 1st Porsche after 33 years of exclusive BMW ownership. I'm still getting used to the car.

My main surprises: engine responsiveness, road holding, precise steering and exhaust sound. I am a bit unaccustomed to the sometimes jarring ride over broken pavement and expansion joints. I am contemplating mods to the entertainment system as my car is without Nav and device integration. Located in NJ. Any advice will be gratefully acknowledged.

welcome. tons of mods re navs and radios are found here and at 6speed. check it all out. most involve moving the dash components around, and there are very well detailed threads about that procedure on both forums. my wife had several bmw convertibles and they were way fun, but they aint p-cars by any means. enjoy......

• 3 weeks later...

I had an M3 before purchasing my Carrera and while I loved the M3 the Carrera is my hands down favorite of any car I've ever owned.

I never use the radio because the music coming from the motor is the sweetest sound my ears have ever heard.

They are a true sports car and ride like one but tires can and do make a difference. I went with Yokohama S-Drive's a year ago which are a little softer compound than my prior tires and they made a world of difference in the ride. They are wearing pretty decent too.

Have fun!

I am also in Montclair and I have to say that short of Grove Street, I practically need a chiro visit after driving the local roads as they are in a really bad state in general. Also hit a hole a snow plow made in March and cost me $700 to get an undriveable dent out of my front right side wheel. That said, get thee out to Pennsylvania, open her up and the smile will still be there a week later. BMW? I think I saw a Z4 this morning in my rear view mirror as I roared back from Rockaway on Route 80. Mind you, someone in a 997 TT did let me know who was boss just before that

:jump:.

I know what you mean about the roads in and around Montclair as they make me wince every time.

Went for a drive this early p.m. and crossed paths with another 996 while going thru that park above Gates en route to 280.

Just finished having the Pioneer Avic 710 Nav installed at Sammsound of W. Caldwell. Good job, clean install although a bit pricey but as you know "you pays your money..."; the Bose speakers and subs remained, the Bose amp was replaced with 2 Alpine units. So far I like.post-58182-034704400 1277580820_thumb.jp