Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Power Source To Clusters Led Display?

Hey Loren or anyone that knows, Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know what powers the Cluster's LED info? You know when you turn off the car it still has power going to the cluster to show you the Mileage and clock ect.. and momentarily shuts off after a defined time after you leave the vehicle... ? If anyone can point me in the right direction for that power source, that would be great. Thanksbiggrin.gif Is there a source to tap into it under the dash by any chance? or anywhere else...

• Admin

Wiring diagrams are different for each model and for each model year. So please tell us the exact model and year.

The 996TT did not have an LED cluster it always had the dot matrix cluster. Can you well us what you are trying to do?

Wiring diagrams are different for each model and for each model year. So please tell us the exact model and year.

The 996TT did not have an LED cluster it always had the dot matrix cluster. Can you well us what you are trying to do?

Loren,

This is for a 2002 996TT. By LED I meant Dot Matrix. I am trying to tap into the power source for the Dot matrix display because of its ability to be running when the vehicle is on all the time and also stay on for a few moments after the driver has left the vehicle. Can you please help me. Thank you in advance. Ideally the source for it will be available elsewhere besides behind the cluster like under the dash..but I am willing to get back there again.

I think the cluster will stay on for more than a few moments, as I think it dependant on the load shut-off after 2 hours. If 2 hours was acceptable for your purpose (I would be interested to know what it is!) then there are a few places you could take a feed:

post-4000-127626996219_thumb.jpg