Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Sparkplug tubes: necessary to replace the tube?

• Admin

Thanks, Loren. I got issue w/ leak at the valve covers. Is it typical for these 01 boxster to have leak in this area?

They are not valve covers - they are cam covers so don't take them off. You will need a tool to hold the cams in place if the cam covers are really leaking.

Check the spark plug tubes first.

Alright. I will check it out. If the cam covers were to leak, is there enough room to service it w/o dropping the engine?

the cam keeper/holder, anyone else sell it besides pelicanparts and dealers?

Thank you. Anybody here have the tool that you made and want to sell one? Or perhaps, is there a template w/ dimension to the tool?

I checked my local auto parts store for spark plugs and they only have the NGK BKR6EK. On their website, it says to gap it to 0.032". Does it need to be gap? I have never use these type of spark plugs w/ two ground tips.

Thanks. I am gathering information just in case. I am not certain that the cam cover is leaking but the last time it was the porsche dealer, they say to service it along w/ the RMS.

I checked my local auto parts store for spark plugs and they only have the NGK BKR6EK. On their website, it says to gap it to 0.032". Does it need to be gap? I have never use these type of spark plugs w/ two ground tips.

Edited by Trey T

Thanks. I am gathering information just in case. I am not certain that the cam cover is leaking but the last time it was the porsche dealer, they say to service it along w/ the RMS.

The spark plugs come pre-gapped, you should try to re-gap them. Show a picture of your leak purhaps it will help to determine source.

Gotten the NGK installed and couple of the tube seals needed o-ring replacement but I don't have them.

I did not gap the plugs and it is running fine so far. There was plenty of space to change out the plugs.

2001 boxster tip w/ ~42K miles.

Edited by Trey T