Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

xm / sirius install w/ pcm 2.1

I have read a lot about the reasonably successful installs of the Cayenne kit in sports cars w/ pcm 2.1. i am first curious if anybody has tried the nav-tv sirpor2 (sirius) section or the itronic xm section? and what they think about it compared to the Cayenne XM kit?

i am about to put a mObridge bluetooth / ipod combo in my 2006 cayman s ... and put in satellite radio at the same time w/ both working through the pcm. i wish mObridge had their XM kit complete - but they are only in beta testing ... and apparently thats been going on for a while. i haven't read anything about the itronic unit ... but similar issues with the nav-tv unit - in regard to losing the channels, and draining the power of the battery (similar to the nav-tv tooki bluetooth).

yes this is the expensive way to go, but its cheaper than a 2009 or 2010 car ... and i want to keep my car looking original.

many thanks for your insight

scott

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello All,

A few months ago I completed my Porsche (90%) OEM Sirius Satellite Radio install in my 07' 997 C4S Cab. With work and summer family vacations/activities/etc... I had to postpone documenting my install as a DIY. Well I finally got the time complete the document.

A big thank you to Ric at Suncoast for all of his help and patience with my "science project"... ;-)

As the document is too larger (due to pictures) I have posted it for download (for free, just wait it out for a few seconds) at the following site:

Download DIY Link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/42279771...io_Install.pdf

2007 C4S Cab (Artic Silver/Black), 6-Spd

CDC, Dension GW500 (iPod), Tooki (BT), Nav, Bose, V-1, OEM Porsche Sirius Satellite Radio

"You gotta respect the Porsche" (Adam Sandler)

• Upvote 1

Hello All,

A few months ago I completed my Porsche (90%) OEM Sirius Satellite Radio install in my 07' 997 C4S Cab. With work and summer family vacations/activities/etc... I had to postpone documenting my install as a DIY. Well I finally got the time complete the document.

A big thank you to Ric at Suncoast for all of his help and patience with my "science project"... ;-)

As the document is too larger (due to pictures) I have posted it for download (for free, just wait it out for a few seconds) at the following site:

Download DIY Link:

CDC, Dension GW500 (iPod), Tooki (BT), Nav, Bose, V-1, OEM Porsche Sirius Satellite Radio

i think there is an error in your parts list. part #955.647.117.01 comes up as "navigation antenna s". is the correct part # 955.645.280.02? can you post all the specifics of the actual part ... who made it, and their part number? can't quite read the photo.

many thanks for your fantastic post!

scott

• 3 months later...

l

Hello All,

Download DIY Link:

i think there is an error in your parts list. part #955.647.117.01 comes up as "navigation antenna s". is the correct part # 955.645.280.02? can you post all the specifics of the actual part ... who made it, and their part number? can't quite read the photo.

many thanks for your fantastic post!

scott

as far as i know, it is, as the PCM 2.1 is the same throughout ... up until pcm 3.0 was rolled out (not sure when that occured in the cayenne).

i bought mine from my local Porsche dealer w/o specifics to year ... only the part number. i made use of the PCA 20% off coupon at the end of last year. similar price is available everyday from Sunset Imports.

thanks. Looking a couple of them online for $30-175.00

as far as i know, it is, as the PCM 2.1 is the same throughout ... up until pcm 3.0 was rolled out (not sure when that occured in the cayenne).

i bought mine from my local Porsche dealer w/o specifics to year ... only the part number. i made use of the PCA 20% off coupon at the end of last year. similar price is available everyday from Sunset Imports.

• 2 months later...

just bought an 06 titanium with xm after crashing and totaling my 05 with sirius and a lifetime subscription. is it as simple as swapping the xm module with the sirius module? antenna? cost?

also i dont have the cd changer in this car and im also thinking about adding bluetooth and iphone capability maybe with a dension system? any thoughts?

Thanks

joe