Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

new porsche ownership... the first week

One week ago today I took delivery of a 2007 C4. I thought I'd share my first experiances.

I was overwhelmed by performance, acceleration, cornering, the finances.I bought it.

It had 5400km on it, a new car basically, with a year left on the factory warrentee.Which turned out to be a good thng as the passenger side seat recline switch broke before I got off the lot.

Seven hour drive home was fabulous.The lights were the most impressive. That & the effortless performance.

Sadly, when my wife got in the next morning for a first ride, the seat back wouldn't come up... & the battery was dead. You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

I spoke to the Porsche dealer who'd inspected the car "battery was fine when we had it". "Did the PO drive it 24km a week? Did they use the battery maintainer?" No to both I'm sure. No help there.

Good news is, the forum steered me to Interstate & when the seller agreed to pay, my daughter picked up an MTP-H8, son & i put it in. I even found a metric nut in 30 years of English car parts to use in the tray. I used a battery charger to bridge the cicuit & keep "the brain" alive while we swapped out the the battery.Started right up, codes intact.

Managed to get the knob off the recline switch & raise the seat, my wife got a ride all is good.

Sooo do I need an extended warrentee?

Already got the CTEK US 3300 with lighter attachment. Is that the right one?

AFAICT from the site, 18" wheels with Pirrellis or Alpins is the way to go in the snow.Any recent opinions?

Tx for the help, past & future

Mike

Congratulations on your purchase! Sorry to hear about your battery but at least that's an easy fix. Many happy miles lie ahead...

Show us some pictures!

Mark

No time for pics yet, still exploring the driving, which easily made up for the early grief!

What a car!

I tried the CTEK & it seemed to charge. Wheels & tires are next

Mike

Congratulations, I recently upgraded from a 2005 Boxster S to a 2007 C4S CPO. I miss the Boxster, it was a great car, a couple of things broke in the time I had it, but it never left me sitting by the side of the road and I drove it all year round in Ohio. The 911 is a completely different car, the quality is clearly a step up, I now truly appreciate that the Boxster is an "entry level" Porsche. The robustness of the 911, the build quality, it just feels like a luxury car, even though the interior basically looks the same as the Boxster, it just feels more like a luxury car. The 911 handles a little better than the Boxster, but I will put this down to it being a C4S, it brakes as well as the Boxster, it feels as quick, maybe quicker, but it does not sound as fast. It is probably the one thing that disappoints me, no howling engine note just behind me. Over all I am very happy with the car, nothing has broken, it starts easily every time, no weird glitches. I think Porsche needs to do a little better policing their CPO process, my car did not have manuals (still waiting) some screws were loose in the convertible top, and a marker light was loose. These are all things that should have been found during the CPO check of the car. These things don't stress me out, they were easy fixes, but they shouldn't happen. I have the balance of the factory warranty left, and then 2 years of CPO so I did not get an extended warranty. For right now as many things as possible can break, the top isn't quite lining up perfectly when it closes, sounds like a trip to the Porsche service department is in order.

2007 C4S Cabriolet, GT Silver, Black full leather interior, Sport Chrono Plus, Bose.

No time for pics yet, still exploring the driving, which easily made up for the early grief!

What a car!

I tried the CTEK & it seemed to charge. Wheels & tires are next

Mike

That was my "problem"; I couldn't keep the thing in the garage! But keep driving it: the harder the better.