Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

New mod

Wonder what you guys think of my new "porsche" decal :) , what i want to do next is do my brake and clutch and gas paddel to change to aluminium, how difficult is this to swap (is there a diy?) and what brand (if any) or dealer is the best for this?

img00115201009121328.jpg

Edited by sliderr

Wonder what you guys think of my new "porsche" decal :) , what i want to do next is do my brake and clutch and gas paddel to change to aluminium, how difficult is this to swap (is there a diy?) and what brand (if any) or dealer is the best for this?

img00115201009121328.jpg

I recently added the aluminum racing pedals. I purchased them on eBay. The installation took about 30 minutes to install. The accelerator and rest pedal were the easiest. The brake pedal and clutch pedal covers were a little more difficult. Some people exchange the screws and nuts that came with the kit with other ones that blend better with the pedals. I didn't I used the screws and hardware that came with the pedals. The existing brake is aluminum and clutch pedal is a plastic like material. I removed the OEM rubber pedal covers on the brake and clutch. I then covered the pedals with blue masking tape, aligned the new pedals and marked the drill locations with a sharp pencil. When you get ready to do the clutch and brake you can determine the pedal location and where the drill bit and ultimately the bolts will pass thru the pedals and miss the support ribs. On a scale of 1 to 10 it is about a 2 to 3 in difficulty. Below is a picture of the finished installation. Recommend!!!

vaughn1.jpg

Edited by kbrandsma

• 2 weeks later...

I used Ultimate Pedals bought from manufacturer. Very high quality with quality mounting parts, which I am told is not true of some kits. Extra bit parts included. I got the version with the little rubber pads, but they come in all metal in several finishes.

The brake and clutch do not feel much different, but the dead pedal and accelerator pedal have a much better feel.