Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Fuchs Sp1 on 2003 C4 Cab

Hi Guys, I sure like the look of the Fuch wheels I saw in Excellence magazine.

Question: does anyone have any experience with theses new wheels? I am entertaining the thought of new wheels for my 03 C4 Cab.

Any thoughts, experiences, opinions, etc. solicited.

Thanks Greg

I wanted to share this with you guys as a followup:

I ended up talking to Spencer of Fuchs performance group. He confirmed that the 19" wheels should be ready to order in the next few weeks. He indicated that the 18" wheels will be ready about the first of next year. He seemed to think that putting the 19 " wheels on my 03 C4 Cap would be just fine, though I have read on this site that it is not a "good" idea? Additional comments on this solicited. One attraction is that when it is time to upgrade to a 997 I might be able to just swap the wheels from one car to the other (with spacers for the rear).

I asked him about his wheel compared to the Ruger wheel, he was quick to tell me that he is suing the company for patent infringement and further more the Ruger wheel he tested was of poor quality e.g. mating surface out of plane causing a wobble. His product is also American made forged wheel produced by APP Forging, compared with the Ruger being Chinese Cast.

Seemed like a nice enough guy well spoken and knowledgeable. I can not attest or verify the accuracy of these claims, just sharing the conversation FWIW.

The Ruger wheel set retails for ~$1500

Fuchs FP-1 Retail price ~$5200.

Anyone have experience (advice) with putting the Ruger Classic on a 996 C4?

I might go with the new Fuchs 18", or 19" when they become available, for now my goal is to be as informed as possible.

Thanks guys!

• 12 years later...

Resurrecting this thread since it was the only I saw about the fuchs.  I am fixing up a 99 black 996 cab.  It has the typical 18 inch turbo twist silver wheels.  I was looking at the fuchs 18s with the black center and silver lip.  They're on sale at suncoast for $4300.  However rosepassion.com has them for ~$3200 with vat and shipping.  Anyone have any experience with fitting these and that second site?  I'll wait a bit to save $1100.  That'd pretty much cover the cost of new rubber.

WWW.ROSEPASSION.COM

Porsche 996 / 911 Carrera 1999 996 carrera 2 Cabrio Manual gearbox, 6 speed

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/pk996fuchs.html

• 1 month later...

I tried Suncoast on these Fuchs wheels as well, I phoned and they are on back-order and they had no idea of when they would get some. I went to Fuchsfelge USA and found them in stock yet w/o Porsche laser etch. I went for 18x8+52 and 18x10+65 for a 2001 C2 996. They have a 10% sale running now (thru 12/31) so I paid $4326 which included shipping. Showed-up in less than a week. They are west coast, Long Beach CA, and I am east coast FL. Also purchased caps w/ crests for $167.50. I worked with Denis.

• 3 months later...