Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Missing cover on the back on my center console. Can it be ordered?

I am missing this piece from my Cayenne. I bought it CPO and has warranty until Nov 2010. The thrid cover from the top is missing and the middle cover is broken but I can still kind of use it. I didn't noticed it was broken and that the 3rd piece was missing when I bought the Cayenne. I went to a local Porsche dealership and was told that I have to pay for the entire center console. Shouldn't the piece be covered under CPO? I dont mind buying the the 2 pieces but not the entire console. Does anyone know the part number for the cover? Thanks!

Forgot the picture.

post-51345-032737600 1285097627_thumb.jp

Yes, it can be ordered.

Sorry, what is the wood type?

Rootwood, high gloss olive ash burl, or super matte olive ash burl?

I'm sorry but that pic is not from my Cayenne. I'm at work right now but the picture below is exactly the color I have for my wood trim. Thanks!

post-51345-046977000 1285101411_thumb.jp

I am missing this piece from my Cayenne. I bought it CPO and has warranty until Nov 2010. The thrid cover from the top is missing and the middle cover is broken but I can still kind of use it. I didn't noticed it was broken and that the 3rd piece was missing when I bought the Cayenne. I went to a local Porsche dealership and was told that I have to pay for the entire center console. Shouldn't the piece be covered under CPO? I dont mind buying the the 2 pieces but not the entire console. Does anyone know the part number for the cover? Thanks!

Forgot the picture.

give vin to a dealer he should be look up precise part and print the above picture to tell it could be ordered separately

post-20455-082160100 1285101653_thumb.jp

Edited by SA321

The section of the console that the lower piece clips into is separate from the entire console. What happens a lot when that piece is missing is the tabs the piece clips into break off. When this happens there is nothing to clip the piece into. The tabs are on either side, check to see if they are still there but I would guess they're not. If they are there then you can definitely order the trim piece separately and clip it in.

You should talk to the service manager at your dealer. With the new CPO program it seems like you should be able to have this covered.

Edited by PTEC