Jump to content

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Help with Rear Suspension Bushings

Recommended Posts


I just finished my first home-based oil change on my '01 996 Carrera Cab with 37K miles, and saw the following while I was under the car.

I don't have any suspension background, but I think this is the bushing that connects the rear sway bar to the lower control arm.

Can someone please verify or correct me on this, and give me your thoughts on whether these bushings need replacement, if it is a DIY project, and what the replacement bushings would be called?

Both sides have the same shape/wear.



post-12502-019923500 1285450700_thumb.jp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi - What specifically are you refering to in your photo? (On initial glance, nothing looks out of place...)

Almost dead center in the photo there is a bushing that seems deformed. However, having no experience, it might be correct. It just seems a bit "smooshed." I guess it is keeping two components together that are on an odd angle, so it would not surprise me if it were correct as-is.

Thanks for the quick reply,


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.