Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Nankook Ventus V12 tires, are they DE worthy?

I am looking to replace my Michelin PS2 N1's. I do some DE and autocross and occasional daily driving. Serious sticker shock on the Michelin's, so I'm looking at the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110's at less than 1/2 the price of the Michelin's. Sizes are 295 (or 305)/30/19 and 235/35/19.

Are the V12's up to the task of occasional track / DE use?

Edited by 914rrr

Would that be for 'race' or street tires? I'd prefer street tires.

street, and only occasional track use.... I used to run Yokohama 008's and loved them. tried many makers and found that for me, living in a wet winter area without snow, the Bridgestone 050 pole position was my best choice all-season tire. if I was racing, I'd get a second set of wheels only for the track and go with Yokohama's for track use. my thoughts....

check out Tire Rack for good comparisons. and there are hundreds of posts on this topic in the forum. check the search engine too. Cheers,,,,

Edited by judgejon

I've got 5,500miles on a set of those V12s over the summer. (Phoenix)

No track days yet so I can't answer your direct questions however so far I have been very impressed with them so far.

Thanks for the reply.

What are your general impressions with the Hankooks? What did you have before?

I have a set of these tires, which replaced Continental Sport Contacts. The sticker shock for more Contis, as well as the positive reviews for the Hankooks, convinced me. This was the review that did it for me:

http://tinyurl.com/koal9l

I haven't done a DE with these tires because I have other cars I prefer to DE in. I also can't speak to wet traction because I don't expose the car to wet weather. However, I've been pleased with the dry traction and their performance on twisty roads.

Has anyone considered Nitto NT 555? I just replaced my rear tires with these Nitto's on my '99 C4. Had these tires on my Jaguar XJR in the past. They stick like glue, last longer, are definately quieter than the Bridgstone's previously on the car and much less expensive. They go for about $190 for each rear and less for the fronts.

I am looking to replace my Michelin PS2 N1's. I do some DE and autocross and occasional daily driving. Serious sticker shock on the Michelin's, so I'm looking at the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110's at less than 1/2 the price of the Michelin's. Sizes are 295 (or 305)/30/19 and 235/35/19.

Are the V12's up to the task of occasional track / DE use?

We just got back from the 2 day Roebling Road Raceway DE yesterday and these tires handled very well for a street tire. With Price considered, they were outstanding. They were progressive and stickier than either my wife or I had expected. I have no reservations about recommending these and I will probably buy them again. Just understand they are what they are and they are not a R-compound tire.

Scott