Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PCM SAT NAV (Navteq)

Hi, Does anybody know where to get a 2010 sat nav cd, my car is a 2001 so I think its the pcm1 sat nav. The disk is made by NAVTEQ, only I do not wish to pay the dealer price £500-£800, can anybody copy and send me I will pay or suggest a download.

Thanks.

forgot to say UK version

You will definitely have PCM1, and being a 2001 it should have the later 16-bit navigation drive. You can run the Vauxhall/Opel NCDR/NCDC maps in these drives, but you have to do an update to the system software in order to be able to use them. I'll drop you a PM with some details.

• Upvote 1

wow, I'd be interested in hearing more about that. I was always under the impression that PCM1 could only be updated to 2004 maps. I have a 2002 996TT and have been looking at options for the satnav. I use it occasionally and it has worked reasonably well on most occasions, but there is always the odd main road etc that has either changed to a one way or doesn't exist anymore :-)

Do you just place a standard NAVTEQ disc in the dvd drive after the software upgrade?

PCM1 used two different navigation drives. Up to 31st January 2001 it was an 8-bit drive. After that date it was a 16-bit drive. If you are lucky enough to have a 16-bit, then you can run the Vauxhall/Opel maps for their NCDR/NCDC systems. If your car is 2002 you should be OK. To check which drive you have:

From A/C Screen, press bottom right knob. It will display the PCM version, and the Navigation software version.

PCM/IDIS V5.43

Nav Software Ver POIE609D = 8bit

Nav Software Ver PONA642D = 16bit

Nav Software Ver PONA628D = 16bit

The update to the software was included in the Porsche 2002-1 map update. All that you need to do to update the system is to insert the 2002-1 map, and the system updates automatically. After that, the Vauxhaull/Opel maps will run.

AFAIK, the 8-bit systems cannot be updated. Porsche have released maps for PCM1 systems dated 2008/2009, and I assume these are compatible.

All the above applies to European systems. I don't know what is available in the US, I'm afraid.

Edited by Richard Hamilton
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Richard. That's really useful info.

So people with 16bit systems can use any of the Vauxhall/Opel disks? It's frustrating how Porsche do not advertise this knowledge.

Doug

They have to be maps for the NCDR/NCDC system. Vauxhall make other systems, like the CD70, but those maps are not compatible.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to get the update for my '04 911TT. I think it has PCM 2 but not sure since the car is new to me and am just catching up on the basics of it all. The car didn't come with any CD's and the previous owner couldn't find them (or the two main keys for that matter). I went to the dealer and got the keys straightened out but held off buying the map / firmware update discs since I'm not sure if I could get them elsewhere for less $$$'s or if it would be better to simply go aftermarket and avoid the hassle. Any information on where to obtain the latest CD's would be appreciated - assuming it's less than the dealer price. ;)

I'd like to get the update for my '04 911TT. I think it has PCM 2 but not sure since the car is new to me and am just catching up on the basics of it all. The car didn't come with any CD's and the previous owner couldn't find them (or the two main keys for that matter). I went to the dealer and got the keys straightened out but held off buying the map / firmware update discs since I'm not sure if I could get them elsewhere for less $s or if it would be better to simply go aftermarket and avoid the hassle. Any information on where to obtain the latest CD's would be appreciated - assuming it's less than the dealer price. ;)

Check with Sunset...link at the top of the page. That is where I got mine.

• Upvote 1

Check with Sunset...link at the top of the page. That is where I got mine.

Thanks - I ended-up pulling the PCM altogether yesterday since I wasn't convinced getting the update / maps would really be worth it in the long run so will go the after-market route instead.

post-49229-0-67068600-1289668078_thumb.j

• 4 months later...

Hi,I've a 2002 996TT,with PCM 1,but when I press the AC+confirmation button it shows only PCM/IDIS V5.43,without any software version.What to try to make it works.I've tried with 8bit navi CD,but still have only-"disk not readable" or incorrect disc side etc.messages.Any ideas please.

• 2 years later...

Hi All

I’m new to the site and was hoping for some help in respect of updating sat. nav on a 2002 911 (996) C4S running a PCM 1 (16 bit) unit with sat nav software version PONA628D and database uk/18602476. Car was supplied with the original Porsche PCM 2000-2 disc by navtech, but I do not know how to go about obtaining and/or updating the software necessary before being able to use the Vauxhall CD70 NavTech maps? I see from other postings that I might need the 2002-1 map to update software? Could someone more knowledgeable than me please let me know what I need/need to do/how to get hold of discs? Also, I think from other postings that the latest maps for CD70 Vauxhall don’t work with this update so how do I get hold of the 2008-09 maps to run the software update?

All help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks all

Dave.

Many thanks Richard. LOL re your comment. More to do with taking over over to UK/Europe, but you'd be surprised how often you can get lost in Jersey with all the small roads. Mind you, you always find yourself again!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...