Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Help: cabin air- filter cover

Hello everyone,

I have a problem on my Carrera 3.6 of 2005.

After washing, the windshield fogs up in an unusual way.

I found that this happens because the absence of the cover of the pollen filter.

This part has been forgotten or lost, in the past during a service.

May be they have forgotten to put the part in its place, it's so important because the particular function.

The filter absorbs water and transmits the steam in the cabin and must be replaced because loses its shape.

In practice, on my car, after removing the filter compartment cover, the element appears directly instead of the grey rectangular shaped cover (as shown in attached photos).

Please could anyone tell me the part number of this cover.

Could anyone kindly checks on his Carrera because I didn't find it on my PET file.

Unfortunately last week PCS ordered a wrong part (external cover) so my problem wasn't solved. They have misunderstood what I needed.

Thanks.

post-52897-0-72250700-1288301390_thumb.j

post-52897-0-36314800-1288301647_thumb.j

Hello,

firstly thanks for your initial help.

Please note that photos do not show my car.

I've found them in internet so I used because they show the missing part.

The missing part, is the gray plastic cover indicated by the red arrow on the first photo. It is better enlarged on the second photo.

I would like to know its part number as well as the part number of the pollen filter housing.

My 2005 Carrera Coupè mount this type of cabin filter box.

post-52897-0-84447100-1288360371_thumb.j

Now I ask you, the recent Carreras, I mean those produced from 2006 onwards, are eqipped with a different cabin filter box (housing & cover)?

It's an important detail, because maybe that the Carreras built during 2004-2006, were equipped with the cabin filter box ref. 997.572.529.00, and after thay have mounted a new type of housing covered with the grey plastic piece.

Maybe after he noticed about the problem regarding the excessive amount of condensation on the windshield after raining or washing, Porsche engineers decided to redesign the pollen filter box.

Please check if there's a different part number of the pollen filter housing.

P.S.

As regard the strut brace, I totally agree with you.

I am a structural engineer and I can assure you that the 997 Carrera requires any stiffening bar on the front.

It's a toy only for those who have money to spend unnecessarily.

Greets from Southern Italy

My 2006 does not have a cover and looks like

your first picture, but missing the plastic covers

like I show in the picture I posted.

The picture I showed is a 2005 USA car. I looked for

your part number but I could not find this part.

Maybe some parts supplier in Italy can help you..

Paul

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

I have a problem on my Carrera 3.6 of 2005.

After washing, the windshield fogs up in an unusual way.

I found that this happens because the absence of the cover of the pollen filter.

This part has been forgotten or lost, in the past during a service.

May be they have forgotten to put the part in its place, it's so important because the particular function.

The filter absorbs water and transmits the steam in the cabin and must be replaced because loses its shape.

In practice, on my car, after removing the filter compartment cover, the element appears directly instead of the grey rectangular shaped cover (as shown in attached photos).

Please could anyone tell me the part number of this cover.

Could anyone kindly checks on his Carrera because I didn't find it on my PET file.

Unfortunately last week PCS ordered a wrong part (external cover) so my problem wasn't solved. They have misunderstood what I needed.

Thanks.

post-52897-0-72250700-1288301390_thumb.j

post-52897-0-36314800-1288301647_thumb.j

Did you ever find the part # for the thin foam cover? It's not listed in PET or anywhere I can find. I ordered a new cowl panel and it didn't come with this!

All your covers are missing - including the one over the battery and the brake booster on the other side.

The strut brace is why - someone put it on the car and took all the covers off because they don't fit with the (useless in my opinion) strut.brace

Loren - do you have any idea where I could find the part # for the foam cover (as seen in the first picture by the OP)? I looked in PET and can't find it listed anywhere! The part itself doesn't have a number., I ordered a new Cowl panel and it was not attached. Apparently it's quite the elusive part! Did Porsche forget to list this part maybe? Of are there ancillary parts that just aren't in PET sometimes? Mine is torn and I'd like to replace it along with the my new cowl cover. Thanks!

As far as I am aware the foam cover was part of the bottom housing on some models. So it is not a separate part.

If you go to a dealer and ask to see 997-572-019-04 housing you will see what they sell today (US MSRP $68.08)

Thanks for the quick reply. I was referring to the thin cover/flap that covers the cabin filter that is attached to the cowl. I found part # 997-572-763-00 in PET called "cover", thinking this may be the part I'm looking for as the Pos is "-" which I now know means it's not pictured in the illustration".,,

The part you referenced (997-572-763-00) is item 26.

From what you are saying you want item 24? (997-572-729-02 Cover -- US MSRP $59.12)

post-1-0-61771400-1350688495_thumb.png

No, that's it, #26! It's not pictured on the USA/Canada PET (06.02.2010) version I have. Where did you find that illustration? I'm guessing its a ROW version since it shows in on drivers side? I'd like the tabs #27 too if you have the #....awesome, thanks!

Where can I acquire this updated list? Is it the US/Canada version? I just downloaded what Porsche has on their website.

Any tips on removing the wiper arm when replacing the cowl (besides buying a wiper puller)? Mine won't budge with the bolt off...

Thanks again for the help!

• Admin

Where can I acquire this updated list? Is it the US/Canada version? I just downloaded what Porsche has on their website.

Any tips on removing the wiper arm when replacing the cowl (besides buying a wiper puller)? Mine won't budge with the bolt off...

Thanks again for the help!

Porsche does not update the list on their but every couple of years. My list is provided by someone in the business - as well as monthly updates.

Porsche sold updates and TSBs on CD at one time but has stopped doing that too.

Wiggle back and forth if it won't budge then carefully use a small gear or wiper puller tool. Use cloth to prevent marring - or you might have to buy a new one.