Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

maybe some of our more technical brothers have access to a diagram and operation of our airconditioning system. a general schematic would be very helpful. maybe a parts diagram from the PET would also be of assitance. like i mention i am a bit apprehensive that Porsche did not put a filter before the evaporator to clean incoming air in recirculation mode. No problems with recirc mode in off due to the pollen filter.

maybe some of our more technical brothers have access to a diagram and operation of our airconditioning system. a general schematic would be very helpful. maybe a parts diagram from the PET would also be of assitance. like i mention i am a bit apprehensive that Porsche did not put a filter before the evaporator to clean incoming air in recirculation mode. No problems with recirc mode in off due to the pollen filter.

There is very little, of any, "incoming" airflow in the recirculate mode.

The presumption seems to be that if recirculate is being used then any airflow reaching the evaporator has been filtered previously upon initial entry.

I don't think many of us would have an alternative incoming airflow path open, window, ect, when trying to heat or cool the cabin.

if you notice even our window type ac's have filters and this is for recirculation. even for houses that are always closed and with ac on the whole day these filters get dirty. Dust and dirt are everywhere and most especially inside a car. every time you open a window, open a door dust comes in the car. this is unfiltered air.

maybe i am being anal about it, but i just know the filter in my s class does get dirty fast and this is for recirculated air. i clean my recirculation filter more often than i do the external pollen filter because recirc is almost always on. in fact every time the recirc turn off, which happens after 30min in the benz, i immediately smell the polluted air outside and just have to turn it back on..