Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How to remove B-pillar seat belt outlet (seatbelt surround)?

• Admin

Do you see the metal clip? that has to slide up (and it fits very tight) while at the same time releasing the tab.

The old 996/997.1 ones had a single screw also but I don't see on these. If by chance their is a screw - just be careful not to drop it into body cavity (I wonder how I know that!).

Do you see the metal clip? that has to slide up (and it fits very tight) while at the same time releasing the tab.

The old 996/997.1 ones had a single screw also but I don't see on these. If by chance their is a screw - just be careful not to drop it into body cavity (I wonder how I know that!).

Sorry, haven't really had the time to do this the last couple of days. But I was looking at it just then, trie to pry it upwards with those special plastic interior removal tools but it seemed to be very tight fitting and I didn't want to break anything.:help: No I couldn't see the metal clip either.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the installation steps in case anyone needs it for future reference...

Credit to MAcarbon

1. Pop off the coat hook on the B pillar.

2. Pop off the part that you use to raise or lower the height of the mounting of the seat belt on the B pillar.

3. Remove the bolt holding the seat belt anchor to the B pillar.

4. Remove the screw (located under the coat hook)that holds the cover of the B pillar in place.

5. Lift the cover up and out.

6. Pop seat belt surround off and install new one.

7. Reverse steps to put everything back. Bolt holding the seat belt anchor in the B pillar should be torqued to 37 ft.lb.

Total time - under 15 minutes per side.

Thanks,

Lane

MAcarbon