Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

are those Vicotr Equipment wheels? I have the Lemans wheels on my CTT and it uses wheel bolts that are different than the OE's - I beleive its a 17mm head and not a 19mm ohterwise I cant get a socket in to tighten the wheel bolts. What type of wheel bolts are you running?

I wanted to get some spacers for my rear but I havent had much luck sourcing the longer wheel bolts with the smaller 17mm head...

KhmerPepperS:

you said 8.5 x 20" and 11 x 20". What is the offset on these wheels? what tire size you put on?

Thanks,

The front offset for the wheels are +50, and the rears are +58. Not a perfect fit for Cayenne's, that's why I needed spacers. The tires are 275/40 in rears and 245/45 fronts.

are those Vicotr Equipment wheels? I have the Lemans wheels on my CTT and it uses wheel bolts that are different than the OE's - I beleive its a 17mm head and not a 19mm ohterwise I cant get a socket in to tighten the wheel bolts. What type of wheel bolts are you running?

I wanted to get some spacers for my rear but I havent had much luck sourcing the longer wheel bolts with the smaller 17mm head...

PM me and I can point you in the right direction for the extended wheel bolts with the smaller 17mm head.

KhmerPepperS:

Why did you use spacers at all !! Let me explain my thoughts: Mine run on 8x18" OEM ones with offset of 57 and its a Cayenne S (I assume yours is CS too, so no Brake size difference)

if you compare 8x18" OEM with the offset of 57 with your front wheels 8.5 x 20" (you can use: http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp) you will note that without any spacer it will push your front wheels 13mm out and inner space just reduced by 1mm, so it should be more than enough space for brakes, more than it was before and for rear wheels since they are suddenly much wider (3") that push the wheels in for 39mm and out for 37mm. So it should already be out enough to give a the better look to the car. Now, adding spacers to that, isn't that getting too much out? Maybe make sense to use Spacers for the rears if the inner space is reduced by 39mm and tire touch the body... what do you think?

KhmerPepperS:

Why did you use spacers at all !! Let me explain my thoughts: Mine run on 8x18" OEM ones with offset of 57 and its a Cayenne S (I assume yours is CS too, so no Brake size difference)

if you compare 8x18" OEM with the offset of 57 with your front wheels 8.5 x 20" (you can use: http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp) you will note that without any spacer it will push your front wheels 13mm out and inner space just reduced by 1mm, so it should be more than enough space for brakes, more than it was before and for rear wheels since they are suddenly much wider (3") that push the wheels in for 39mm and out for 37mm. So it should already be out enough to give a the better look to the car. Now, adding spacers to that, isn't that getting too much out? Maybe make sense to use Spacers for the rears if the inner space is reduced by 39mm and tire touch the body... what do you think?

The wheels I have are +50 in front and +58 in the rears and I confirmed this with the seller. The fronts had to have spacers or they would not fit over the brakes. My wheels came with various size spacers so I used the second largest ones, 15mm. The spacers helped clear the necessary room and then some. I think I couldve used smaller ones, but the 15mm's made the wheels stick out just enough for that special look. The rears fit over the brakes perfectly but I added spacers to make them wider than the fronts, which makes it look pretty aggressive. I pretty sure my wheels were meant for 996's and such, hence the reason for needing spacers to make them fit and look perfect. Im not much of a wheel and tire tech, I pretty much just go with what works, and my local indy porsche guys told me that my setup is safe, and that it is common practice among their audi and vw guys.