Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

OBD Codes AGAIN

I have a '99 986 - Can anyone tell me the possible reason(s) for codes P1125 and P1126 coming up at the same time? The car seems to be running fine but does smell like it's running a little rich. Is something (O2 sensor?) getting ready to fail? I live about 2 hours from the nearest dealer so I want to find out what's going on before I end up towing it there! Thanks!

I have a '99 986 - Can anyone tell me the possible reason(s) for codes P1125 and P1126 coming up at the same time? The car seems to be running fine but does smell like it's running a little rich. Is something (O2 sensor?) getting ready to fail? I live about 2 hours from the nearest dealer so I want to find out what's going on before I end up towing it there! Thanks!

Could be the air filter mugging up the MAF. Did you add that EVO High Flow Intake mentioned in your profile?

Are you sure you got 1125 AND 1126 at the same time? One is for 1-3 rich and 4-6 lean.  Very odd.  Also, as long as your CEL is not flashing you do not need to have it towed.  Drive it in.

Yes - I added the EVO highflow - I have been wondering if I should clean the MAF or not as I'm sure there's a possibility of damage while cleaning it. The CE light comes on, I read the 1125 and 1126 codes, reset the light and the light stays off for a week or two before the same scenario happens. The car seems to be running great, sounds great, etc....just that pesky light.

I also have a 99 and I was having the same problem only I was getting P1123 and P1125. I cleaned the MAF with electronics parts cleaner from radio shack and I changed out the stock gas cap with the recall gas cap. A couple of hundred miles with no light. First check to see if you have the original gas cap and if you do take the car to your nearest dealer to have them replace it. If you have already replaced the gas cap clean your MAF. The way I cleaned mine was obviously take it out and spray the cleaner on generously let it dry repeat the process a few times. I also used a can of compressed air to speed up the drying time. I'm not sure what was the cause of my CEL because I replaced the gas cap and cleaned the MAF all in the same weekend. A day after everything was done the light went off by itself. hope this helps good luck Aaron