Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hard to Sell ? Guards Red w/Cocoa interior

I saw a 997 in Guards Red with full Cocoa leather interior. It looks really mint, but I don't see myself keeping it for long because eventually I do want my cabriolet. What are your thoughts on the color combo ? And do you think it's going to be really hard to sell ?

I didn't like it at first but it's kind of growing on me. I prefer the tan/light brown interior, but in Canada, there is a major shortage of color options.

I'm looking to pick up a car temporarily for this year while i get my scratch together for what i really want.

Would love your thoughts on how this color combo might not be good for future resale.

Thanks in advance.

I have a Gurads Red Carrera S cabriolet with Sand Beige interior. I would have preferred a coupe but when I got mine, it was a pretty good deal. I think Guard Reds, along with Speed Yellow, are going to be a bit harder to sell since most people want various shades of blue, black or silver. And those are the most common colors Porsche sale. Having said that, I love mine and I am sure you will love yours. Where in Canada are you located?

I have a Gurads Red Carrera S cabriolet with Sand Beige interior. I would have preferred a coupe but when I got mine, it was a pretty good deal. I think Guard Reds, along with Speed Yellow, are going to be a bit harder to sell since most people want various shades of blue, black or silver. And those are the most common colors Porsche sale. Having said that, I love mine and I am sure you will love yours. Where in Canada are you located?

Thanks Matt. I do love the red. I use to have a Mazda RX7 TT in red and it was just gorgeous. I see your point about selling a car in red. I think it might be ok, since it's less common, but I'm just worried about the cocoa interior.

I'm in Markham, ON

Joee,

My advice would be to wait for the car you really want, regardless of color/resale value etc. if you truly love the car, you wont regret a thing. in fact, even if you bought a porsche in a color you didn't love, you probably wouldn't regret it.

Recently bought a speed yellow 997.1 C2S cab. Speed yellow definitely wouldn't have been my first choice, but it has totally grown on me. I'm very happy with the color (and car) and am now a "bright" car lover. Too many silver and shades of gray for most cars out there - especially something that is supposed to be fun like a P-car! Go for it!

Brad

Recently bought a speed yellow 997.1 C2S cab. Speed yellow definitely wouldn't have been my first choice, but it has totally grown on me. I'm very happy with the color (and car) and am now a "bright" car lover. Too many silver and shades of gray for most cars out there - especially something that is supposed to be fun like a P-car! Go for it!

I've got a grey car myself, but I agree 100%. It's so boring and conservative all this silver and grey and black. I want to see more, yellow, red, heck I want to see kermit green and orange and chartreuse and bright crazy colors.

I'm sure it helps reduce accidents because you're so visible. Unfortunately I think it also helps the police spot you...