Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I attempted to use a mirror and flashlight to find out if my 2006 TT has had the aluminum coolant pipes installed but couldnt find an angle to see anything. Any advice on this or do I need to take off the manifold? I am tempted to order the parts and then find out when I dismantle

PKN

Hi -- this a very well covered topic, how to check coolant pipes and many associated threads. You can search "coolant pipes" and you'll be set.

I attempted to use a mirror and flashlight to find out if my 2006 TT has had the aluminum coolant pipes installed but couldnt find an angle to see anything. Any advice on this or do I need to take off the manifold? I am tempted to order the parts and then find out when I dismantle

PKN

I did search as many threads as I could find and only came across one reference to viewing the pipes which needs me to purchase membership to Rennlist to see the pics. I may have missed something here but I dont think so....

PKN

I have an '04 Cayenne S (bought used from dealer in '09 as a CPO) and the dealer was able to run the service history of my vehicle/VIN and confirmed the plastic coolant pipes were replaced with the metal pipes about six months prior to my purchase. Which makes sense because my starter failed later (replaced under CPO which was nice) and I've read a lot here that post-leaky (or fully blown) plastic coolant pipes the coolant drains into, and damages, the starter.

With your '06 TT you may have the same luck finding out with a dealer running your VIN, no effort beyond a computer query. You could have the metal pipes and not know it! A lot of dealers are very cool and will do this VIN service history look-up (they want your business anyway) for you. My local dealer (Sonnen in Marin) has been great.

I did search as many threads as I could find and only came across one reference to viewing the pipes which needs me to purchase membership to Rennlist to see the pics. I may have missed something here but I don't think so....

PKN

Edited by odix

Thanks but in this case if I want to view the jpgs it is telling me I need to be a member. Odd seeing as how I can read the text - just cant see the important bit lol. I will have another go this weekend and if I have no luck I will order the parts anyway. Guess I can always resell here on the forum if I dont need them but Im not that lucky

PKN