Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

"Iceland Silver" Touchup paint number?

I'm frustrated. I stopped at our friendly local Porsche dealer on Saturday hoping to pickup touch-up paint for my '06 Cayenne/S - Titanium dealy.. which is in "Iceland Silver" according to the VIN readout.. and they couldn't find a listing for the paint. I looked myself in PET, and I can't find a listing for it.

Anyone know what the paint code is? Or a part#?

Thanks much!

Don Eilenberger

Look on your option codes list - paint color code should be there.

Report back and we'll look it up.

Loren,

Thanks. If I look up the car on the Porsche VIN lookup - it doesn't list the color - just the Titanium package.

On SunCoast's site - I found the only listing for Iceland Metallic - as 911.095.933.20 B5S - and apparently the B5S is the color code, but it won't come up in PET, or on any website except SunCoast's..

SunCoast lists it as: COLOR: TitaniumEd91109593320b5s

If you go to this page: http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/caytouch.html - you can find it under "Iceland Silver Metallic" - but when I went to order it - shipping was as much as the product, plus I like to try to support my local dealer if the difference isn't silly $$$.

Hi Loren,

Problem is - the option sticker isn't obvious to me.. :) The illustrations I've seen have shown it under the hood, and there is nothing to be found there.. Nor could I find it on the driver's door frame (other illustrations show it there..)

The "Iceland Silver Metallic" was one of the four standard colors the "Titanium Edition" (lets get rid of some of these things package) had. The others were a black, a red and blue. Here is the press release from late '06: http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=318 " “Iceland Silver Metallic” is a classic light silver tinged with cool blue..." - unfortunately - the press release doesn't give the color code. :angry:

Loren,

I suspect not. ALL the different colors of the "Titanium Edition" (aka "Let's slap some lipstick on this pig and see if we can sell it.." edition) - had certain body parts painted a darkish gray metallic - called "Titanium Metallic" (including the wheel spokes - which is pretty cool - two toned wheels..)

The option sticker should also be located under the panel that covers the spare tire in the upper left corner.

AH-HA!

And no where was this info shown.. on any of the pics I've seen of where the option/color sticker could be found. I'll go out to the parking lot at lunchtime and eyeball it!

THANKS MUCH! How cool is this forum eh?

With great enthusiasm I snuck out into the parking lot.. and opened the tailgate, lifted up the floor cover - to find 1/2 of the option sticker there. The important part - wasn't there.

It's almost like someone doesn't want me ordering the touch-up paint..

• 2 months later...

I got the bottle from SunCoast.. somehow it appears now on their website even though PET hasn't been updated with the color code.

A note if anyone else has a blue/silver Titanium edition: The same color has been used by VW from 2001-2007, called "Blue Silver Metallic" (BlauSilber) with the paint code LB5S. It was used on the '05-07 Tuareg (and some New Beetles and other models.)

Guess they had a few cans left over when the Titanium edition (let's sell some of these pigs..) was being "designed" in the Tuareg side of the production line. None of the aftermarket touch-up places list it for Porsche - but quite a few do list it for VW, so.. alternative sources are available. I think the Titanium color also came from the VW side of the factory - it appears to be "Titanium Metallic" in VW speak (but I haven't seen it firsthand to compare. I did get the pig next to a new-beetle in BlauSilber at the gas station yesterday, colors are identical.)

Oh - Porsche PN - standard PN for touch-up kit - followed by "B5S" (duh!) The "L" in the VW code stands for lacquer so the code is probably "Lacquer Blau #5 Silber"

Edited by deilenberger