Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Here is my experience with the "new and improved" 2011 Cayenne. So far I am very dissapointed in the car and the way the dealership is responding as if they already know about all this stuff but they are really not interested in solving.

1. The keyless entry does not work all the time (key not recognized) all of a sudden while I am driving the dash tells me the key is not recongnized and I can no longer use any functions untl I turn the car off and restart. I have been told by the dealership that they are trying to get an answer from Porsche on this. They told me that all the Cayenne's that came off the ship in Long Beach except mine were held at port for computer issues and mine may have a potential problem. Also, I have to explain to every valet how this keyless thing works and they look at me like I am nuts. They don't understand not giving them the key...and I don't understand how they can lock the door without it...or if they even lock it since it is so confusing.

2. The temperature in the car does not remain constant...its either hot or cold and the people in the back seat hardly get any air, and it does not get very cold when the temp is above 85 outside which is very common around here. I was told there is no problem after a test drive and the car is acting normally

3. The heated seats barely warm up...I don't know if this is some sort of new code for temperature, but if I paid for heated seats than I should at least feel when it is on.

4. The spent $2,000 extra to have an amazing surround sound Bose system. I have owned many luxury cars and this radio sounds horrible..everything sounds like flat AM radio. There is either something wrong with the system or the speakers are just plain bad..there is no depth to the sound at all. I had a base model 2010 Cayenne as a loaner for a week and that stereo sounds incredible.and it is a base model.

5. The passenger "airbag light" is so bright and in a very annoying place.

6. My foot constantly keeps getting stuck under the brake when I move it from the accelerator to the brake because it is way higher than the gas pedal...I find this very dangerous.

7. There is a huge blind spot to the left of the driver...when you look over your left shoulder all you see is the seat belt and the divider between the front window and rear window.

8. The front seats are very uncomfortable...I have tried for 2 weeks to find a position where I can drive and still reach the steering wheel and the PCM and not feel like my legs are cramped...but typically I leave the car with a sore thumb and sore back.

3. The heated seats barely warm up...I don't know if this is some sort of new code for temperature, but if I paid for heated seats than I should at least feel when it is on.

Get one of the laser infrared thermometers and see what temperature your seats get up to on each setting. Then go to the dealer and try the same thing on a similar Cayenne they have sitting on the lot. If your seats aren't as warm, as shown on the thermometer, it will be much easier for them to identify and fix the problem. Harbor Freight has them for about $30-35

Wow.. Sounds like a lemon in some ways.. I got a base 2011 Cayenne as a loaner a couple of weeks ago and I loved it. I didn't want to give it back. Understand with Bose sound systems that (they suck.) I have the highest end Bose in my 997 Turbo and it's weak to say the least. But it should sound better than you're describing. Have you adjusted the settings?

Regarding your heated seats. Mine cook when i turn them on.. That doean't sound right that you can't feel them...

I would contact Porsche immediately with your issues. Tha's a brand new car and there is no excuse for that nonsense.

I guess I must be lucky.. I never have problems with my car... But I don't have as many electronic gadgets as you do either.. Who is your dealer in L.A?

I hope you get this stuff sorted...

Good luck!

Edited by phillipj

Wow.. Sounds like a lemon in some ways.. I got a base 2011 Cayenne as a loaner a couple of weeks ago and I loved it. I didn't want to give it back. Understand with Bose sound systems that (they suck.) I have the highest end Bose in my 997 Turbo and it's weak to say the least. But it should sound better than you're describing. Have you adjusted the settings?

Regarding your heated seats. Mine cook when i turn them on.. That doean't sound right that you can't feel them...

I would contact Porsche immediately with your issues. Tha's a brand new car and there is no excuse for that nonsense.

I guess I must be lucky.. I never have problems with my car... But I don't have as many electronic gadgets as you do either.. Who is your dealer in L.A?

I hope you get this stuff sorted...

Good luck!

I have an appointment with a representative from Porsche next week to take a look at the car. I do love the car and hope to get these things solved. The dealer is in Woodland Hills, CA. Very dissapointed that once the deal was closed I could not get a return call from the sales dept...they handed me over to service and would not respond to me once I had a problem.

Potluck68,

That's too bad. If you continue to have problems go see Scott at Rusnak Porsche Pasadena. He is the service manager. He's a good guy. If it comes to that let me know and I'll speak to him about your issues..

Good luck with you meeting with Porsche..