Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

What do all these numbers mean

XKW - ? perhaps XKX - instrument surround in arctic silver

XNY - trim strip in arctic silver

Loren,

Thanks very much.

It's definitely XKW as XKX is right next to it. I'll ask the dealer next time it's in for a service. It got a clean bill of health from the distributor so I'm picking it up on Monday night. :jump:

Derek

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

i did but there is no C codes on there when i get home i will get all my option codes but im sure i could not find the country code anywhere i have the paperwork from the sale it it was bought from porsche in england

Edited by alstarz88

There is no C25 on my Country Codes List.

If 398 & 232 are Options then:

398 could be:

• Left outside mirror electric plain

• 17" Cup Design wheels

• P31 sports chassis (968) with Cup design wheels ??

232:

• Change of manufacturer of tyre installed on the production line (not customer selectable)

• 4 weeks later...

Firstly hello to you all. I am a first time Porsche buyer and must say I'm as impressed with these cars as I thought I would be. I have had some interesting vehicles in the past but none quite get out of corners the same way as this one does, even though I have some trouble (well fun :rolleyes: ) keeping the power slides under control. I shudder to think what my life expectancy would be if I had sourced a turbo first up. I'm secretly glad I didnt. This one will be great to learn how to drive properly in.

I have a 2002 996 vehicle. C2. Trip. Black metallic exterior and black leather interior.

Its an Australian car (C23)

I too have the code 226 which I cant find any info on.

Doesnt feature too many other codes but seems to match as the vehicle is pretty vanilla.

My codes are

C23 - Australia

X70 - Alu door guards

X71 - Alu style instruments

226 - the mystery code

249 - trip auto

411 - 18" wheels

432 - not sure if it relates to the paint or the wheel as both are correct

680 - Bose sound system

Must say this site is a marvel of information. Congratulations to you all.

• Admin
Firstly hello to you all. I am a first time Porsche buyer and must say I'm as impressed with these cars as I thought I would be. I have had some interesting vehicles in the past but none quite get out of corners the same way as this one does, even though I have some trouble (well fun :rolleyes: ) keeping the power slides under control. I shudder to think what my life expectancy would be if I had sourced a turbo first up. I'm secretly glad I didnt. This one will be great to learn how to drive properly in.

I have a 2002 996 vehicle. C2. Trip. Black metallic exterior and black leather interior.

Its an Australian car (C23)

I too have the code 226 which I cant find any info on.

Doesnt feature too many other codes but seems to match as the vehicle is pretty vanilla.

My codes are

C23 - Australia

X70 - Alu door guards

X71 - Alu style instruments

226 - the mystery code

249 - trip auto

411 - 18" wheels

432 - not sure if it relates to the paint or the wheel as both are correct

680 - Bose sound system

Must say this site is a marvel of information. Congratulations to you all.

432 = Steering Wheel with Tiptronic Controls

thanks for that clarification...

I have also just noticed that the previous owner (?) has written in biro on the label (label is quite faded) #016.

Dunno if thats some extra thing thats been added but another code I cant find so far anywhere....

Tony

• Admin
thanks for that clarification...

I have also just noticed that the previous owner (?) has written in biro on the label (label is quite faded) #016.

Dunno if thats some extra thing thats been added but another code I cant find so far anywhere....

Tony

Perhaps your wheel lock code.