Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Ignition replacement/upgrade

Ok, so today, I replaced my old ailing ignition with the new upgraded part from Porsche ($130 at Sunset, bless my wife for picking it up for me). Took about three hours, only because I had to reassemble the left vent. what a pain. I took my time, made sure all the connections were good. I actually ended up taking the instrument cluster out, and it made it so much easier.

After putting it all back together, reconnecting the battery, my heart sunk when I turned the key to start it and nothing. I then turned it off, and tryed again, and it started. Let it set for a while, tried again, same thing as the first time, no start, then re-try and it started.

Any one have any ideas? I"m positive that all the connections are good, and the battery is charged.

If I can't figure it out with assistance,I'm just going to take it in.

Thanks in advance

BTW, those of you putting this off, its not that bad. Just take your time, place all your parts, screws, etc where you know where they came from, and you'll have it done in no time.

Thanks to this forum, and all who responded to my other post which encouraged me to do the entire switch assembly.

That's an interesting one. I would have said clutch switch too, but being a Tip (which I know virtually nothing about), I'm not sure where to go. I'd find it highly unlikely that the new ignition switch you installed is bad.

Well aside of a couple of starts today, now it does absolutely nothing. Took everything apart again, went through the connections again, and nothing. Even bought a new battery on the outside chance that was the problem.

Really bummed now, as well as perplexed. I have no idea where to begin looking. Its almost as if the security systen has shut every thing down. Anyone with any ideas, please feel free to respond.

Thanks

Jim