Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

A/C temperature intake sensor mystery

So I have scoured factory manuals and the internet to no avail. My A/C is not working due to the compressor being in 'CAN shutdown' state. This is because the 'Air intake temperature sensor' reads -42 degrees. I found the one linked to the AC condenser on Pelican and bought one just to have it.

After much digging I found that there are two sensors and the computer takes the lowest reading. If that reading is below 38 degrees it will not allow the compressor to engage.

Now here comes the problem. I cannot for the life of me find that sensor. The one up front behind the grill is easy, that one is working fine. But I have only found reference to the one in the ventilation system for condenser intake temp. I removed the glove box, cabin air filter and blower fan. I only see what might be a humidity sensor in the air path. Do I need to pull the whole dash off? I have poked around with a mirror but cannot find the location of the sensor.

For reference the sensor that I am looking for is part# 1H0-907-543-A-M5262

Anyone have any hints or suggestions? I really want A/C back!

I have only found one mention of this kind of issue and the result was 'a bad wire'. But that was after extensive work was done to the car. I want to find out if it is the sensor itself or a bad connection.

Thanks in advance!

And here is a fun image of some of the other projects that I have been working on.

WheelAndCaliper.jpg

• Admin

post-1-0-90298900-1314625257_thumb.png

1. Switch off ignition and remove ignition key.

2. From the driver's side, reach around to the "driver's footwell" air vent to release and disconnect the electrical connector a.

post-1-0-46663200-1314625430_thumb.png

3. Turn temperature sensor through 90° and pull it out of the heating/air conditioner unit.

post-1-0-81715900-1314625432_thumb.png

Install is the reverse.

I circled the mold outline of where the sensor should be according to the diagram. The yellow is the lever arm for a flap adjusting servo. I can get a better picture tomorrow. The photo is looking up from the drivers foot well with the foot-well air vent removed.

This is an early '05. Maybe there were some more running changes? I also pulled the stereo out to get a better view of the center and no luck spotting a sensor. I have the sensor that I am looking for in a baggie so I have a visual reference of what to look for. I appreciate the help, May have to step back and do a sanity check again.

Thanks again!

-Greg

post-32636-0-08809900-1314683039_thumb.j

Edited by Boxster Boy

• 11 years later...