Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi. I know that I need the serial number of the radio to have the code, but how do I remove that radio? My radio have a little cover that I can take off. Do I have to insert some tool inside that? You can see on the pictures.

My car is a '99 Carrera Cab with navi option.

Thank you

Mario

post-71449-0-36487900-1314736460_thumb.j

post-71449-0-03703300-1314736475_thumb.j

Thank you Loren for the info. I'm going to try that today and I will give some news.

BTW what is the slot behind the cover on the PCM ?

Mario

I was nervous about pulling off the carbon trim, but everything went OK.

There is the numbers on the stickers I found:

BECKER

Type: PCM

Model no: BE 2562

Serial no: W5001214

SIEMENS

Mlfb: 5WK7801

Serial: P08010004551/00

Is those numbers enough to find the code to make the PCM work or do I still have to go to a Porsche dealer ?

Thanks

Mario

• Admin

From the Lost Radio code FAQ...

Can you give me a code for my PCM?

These units are manufactured jointly by Siemens and Becker, and the only place where you can get the codes required is from the dealer/OPC. The PCM’s require two codes, the ICS/Siemens code and a Becker code. The ICS is the first code requested.

Sorry, the only place you can get a PCM code is from a dealer/OPC.

• Upvote 1

These units are manufactured jointly by Siemens and Becker, and the only place where you can get the codes required is from the dealer/OPC. The PCM's require two codes, the ICS/Siemens code and a Becker code. The ICS is the first code requested.

Thank you very much Loren, I was expecting that ...I will call my Porsche dealer.

For the slot behind the cover on my PCM...what is it ?

Mario

• Admin

These units are manufactured jointly by Siemens and Becker, and the only place where you can get the codes required is from the dealer/OPC. The PCM's require two codes, the ICS/Siemens code and a Becker code. The ICS is the first code requested.

Thank you very much Loren, I was expecting that ...I will call my Porsche dealer.

For the slot behind the cover on my PCM...what is it ?

Mario

Optional SIm card tray.

I don't think US and Canada got this option as it was not popular here at the time this was made.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I think Dharm55 read your title literally "radio". You have PCM which is a NAV unit with the radio built in. Use this procedure to remove it. attachicon.gifpcm1.png

Hi,

I'm trying to remove my PCM 2 unit and have found posts that reference the hex wrench and detents that need to be pivoted and then I saw this diagram

that Loren posted a while back.  I have pivoted the detents, actually pivoted them right out of the radio so I know they are not providing resistance.  This

is the first time that I have seen reference to a spring clip that needs to be pressed and it seems more in line with what I am experiencing.  I have a 996 TT,

am I at the stage now where I just need to squeeze the tabs (that I do see) and pull the unit out ?  Pressing in the tabs and pulling seems to exert force on the

remainder of the surround,the top vents and cup holders etc ?  Maybe I'm not pushing in hard enough ?  I saw a post that discussed removal of the vents ?

I saw other posts referencing those european radio removal tools/keys but I don't see any place that they could be inserted, defiantely no pales to insert from

the front. 

Any Thoughts would be appreciated !

Thanks

Glenn