Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Looking for PCM 2.0 / software version 3.0 / Alberta map disk

Hi there,

I am looking for anyone with somewhat recent map disks for my Cayenne. I have a PCM 2.0 system with version 3.0 software, and do not have a CD for my area: Alberta, Canada. I recently moved out West and have only CD's for "east" and "map 1A: northeast & north central US and Canada".

If anyone is willing to sell them or would consider a trade for my disks, please let me know. I am in the Calgary area.

Let me know if you can help - thanks.

Mark

Edited by Papagut

My point exactly - the expense is quite high. My problem is that the system keeps asking me to insert a disk as I believe it thinks I am still in Ontario. I just want to bring it up to a state where it doesn't prompt me.

I fully understand about wanting to have everything up to date and working correctly and why they charge so much money for these discs is beyond me. I gave up trying to find the newer disc at a reasonable cost and invested in a portable GPS. I have PCM 2.1 which is DVD based and it surprisingly has ok coverage for Alberta but for Regina it shows only one street!

Have you tried Ebay at all or I wonder if the VW Touareg uses the same CD's?

• 2 months later...

Buy them. We did. Sorry for my bluntness Mark, but I'll reiterate Loren's concern. Renntech.org is a tremendous asset to us all and there's tons of DIY knowledge here. There also is a LEGAL obligation NOT to promote activity contravening the goodwill of PNA, etc., so THEY allow us to have the forum, most likely. The stuff on eBay is garbage. I bought the full set at the dealer and see it as a plus when I sell along with new master keys, and my complete service records.