Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

P1130 Code

I want to start by saying hello to everyone. I only found this site a week or two ago and it has been a great resource.

I have a P1130 code, by it's self, for my 2000 Boxster. I've searched through past posts and all of the them that I found, with the 1130 code, had the 1128 code with it also. I was hoping someone could help me narrow down where I should start at since it is only one bank recording the fault.

Thanks in advance for the help

Ryan

• Admin

P1128 Oxygen Sensing Adaptation Area 2 (Cylinders 1 . 3) - Rich Threshold

P1130 Oxygen Sensing Adaptation Area 2 (Cylinders 4 - 6) - Rich Threshold

Having just P1130 means your problem is on the cylinder 4-6 side of the engine only. The most common problem for this fault is an intake or vacuum air leak.

Thanks Loren

I changed the plugs yesterday and saw that there was some oil on the rear of the engine and also oil on the oil filler tube. I think I read that the filler tube can be a possible cause of a vacum leak.

Is the oil fill tube hard to replace?

Ryan

If you cannot find it on the site I have a PDF that I got from TP.

I sent you a PM with the PDF attached

I had the same code triggered and I went through quite a few possibilities. In the end the problem was a combination of 2 isolated problems that was super positioning

Good luck

Edited by porscheneer

Well as discussed earlier I had both 1128 & 1130

which as Loren pointed out is lean air fuel mixture in both cylinder banks.

I figured since it was in both banks it would be one problem before the system split to both banks. I checked extensively for air leaks using carb spray and I also checked all the separator breather hoses etc.

Then I went after the MAF I tried cleaning it and reset the CEL but it was back after a while. So I got a new MAF.

I took out 986 606 125 00 which was discontinued and put the new MAF for all e gas cars 986 606 125 01

This got rid of the CEL but gave me a loping idle. I thought that maybe it was not the MAF at all. But when I put the Old one back in the car would run crappy with less power and CEL. with the new one it ran great more power but loping/ hunting idle. So I thought that perhaps my ECU needed a software patch but when I ran the VIN I found out that e gas cars did not need the software patch.

So I started going after just the loping Idle I went after the IACV valve in the Throttle body and found something else my Throttle Body was gummed up pretty bad so at Idle the car was huffing and puffing to breath with the new MAF where with the Old MAF it had adapted overtime with power loss.

So After I cleaned that up I was good to Go. So in short. I had 2 problems.

A faulty MAF and a gummed up throttle body which was giving me.

- P1128 P1130 ( MAF in my case )

- Less power and judder at take off ( MAF & Throttle body)

- Hunting / loping Idle ( exclusively Throttle body)

Hope this helps :lightbulb:

P.S i tried attaching the pdf in the PM function it would not fly, check your yahoo account you have mail!

Edited by porscheneer

I got the PDF. That is really going to help.

I also have lopping a idle and the slight shudder at take off, the shudder is not always there. I thought it might have been the clutch.

I'm going to give both of those a look this weekend. I'll post my results

Thanks

Ryan

Yeah certain things do sound similar, however I am wondering why only the one bank of cylinders was registering the fault. And also your shudder may be the clutch. My judder was more so in the throttle response it felt like a choppy power delivery.

BTW :welcome: to the site.

Thanks

I disconnected the battery to clear the CEL. It worked, but the idle was hunting really bad when I first started it up. I drove it and the idle jumped around for about 10 minutes of the drive then it was fine. The CEL hasn't come on yet (about 100 miles).

Do you think the computer would compensate for a dirty MAF and TB?

I'm still going to clean them this weekend. Can't hurt.

Ryan

well sounds like you lucked out keep an eye on it and see what happpens. But it definately would not hurt to do it but take it for a full drive and take it thru the RPM range just to see if that fault registers again.

Then clean or replace one item at a time with a CEL clear and driving in between to isolate teh problem. I would do the TB first because the MAF is pricey!

• 5 months later...