Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Door connector wiring

No fun getting old. I recently replaced the window regulator on the drivers' side of my 986 Boxster S (2000). That went fine. However, when I was putting back the door panel, I noticed that there were two connectors that were coming from the door and I could only find one mating connector ( inside door pull handle) to mate. Where does the other connector hookup to? I already connected the connector that was going to the airbag. I have removed the door panel several times for other repairs, but I just can't remember where that extra connector goes. I have attached a picture of the connector in question. Thanks.post-1-0-67843700-1338352173_thumb.jpg

Edited by Loren
made image viewable

It looks to be for one of the door microswitches or air bag, but it has been so long since I have been behind the door card, I can't remember.

Did your airbag light come on after reassembly? Or perhaps a double beep on the alarm or other odd behavior with the door locking mechanism? Those might provide a clue as to which wire it is.

I would advise spending the time to trace all the wires and looking very carefully for the presence of the wire and connector on the other end.

Perhaps peel back the water liner slightly if you need to in order to find the missing wire/cable and use a good flash light.

Hopefully someone who has been behind the door card recently has a better memory than mine.

The airbag is connected with its connector. The inside door pull latch is also connected with its connector. The only clue I have is that I am getting a double beep when I UNLOCK the door with the remote. I do not have any beeps when I lock the doors with the remote. I will take off the panel again and check again carefully for the other end where the mystery connector is supposed to mate. Thanks

OK. Just took off the driver's side door panel and took a picture of the inside. Hopefully this picture is clearer than the one originally posted. Notice the airbag is connected so that we can eliminate the airbag from the equation. The red arrow points to the connector that mates perfectly to the connector receptacle at the inside door latch that is secured to the door panel. The green arrow points to the mystery connector in question. I can't find any mating connector for it on the door panel. I am thoroughly baffled.

post-1-0-04036900-1338501716_thumb.jpg

Edited by Loren
made image viewable here

Very good picture, I would second RFMs note to look for a connector on the door card itself, perhaps there is a connector on the arm rest "glove" box for a light...

There has to be another end there, if you can't find another end there post the wiring colors, perhaps we can find it in a wiring diagram.

In the mean time leave the door panel off.

So I just removed the passenger side door panel to see how the connectors on that side mated. I was surprised to see that "Y- harness" in question only had ONE connector and that connector mated with inside passenger door handle. There was no second connector or second cable; . I will check the wiring colors on the mystery connector on the driver's side and post them later today. Thanks.

Finally got around to checking color codes of wiring to mystery connector. One wire is brown, the other is red with black stripe. I applied a momentary short across connector and drew a tiny spark.

post-25117-0-12476700-1338728182_thumb.j