Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Undiscussed OBC problem

I completed the OBC hack on my 2002 Boxster using two convertible top switches and made custom buttons by sanding the stenciled outlines off and painting them black with a single dot of white exposed, then cleared them. When backlit they look really good. Here is the issue. Everything works great, the average mph, mpg, max speed setting, and reset all behave correctly. The problem is with the oat display, it only shows dashes. Ran a scan with my Durametric and there are no problems with the cluster. The auto a/c module shows a fault 35 no communication with cluster. I have searched this fourm and several others, and have googled more variations than I can remember and can find no reference to this fault. I am able to see the oat through Durametric so I know the sensor is working. Does anyone know what the plug and terminal locations are on the a/c module and the cluster so I can check for continuity? Also there are only two plugs attached to my a/c module (black and red), and there are spaces for more. Am I missing something or are the other sockets for other model specific options. I know that the obc hack has been covered many, many times, but I can't find anything on this. Thanks.

• Admin

Fault 35

Possible cause of fault

- Lacking information such as engine speed, outside temperature, speed or sun intensity, which are transferred via the CAN Comfort Bus for the purpose of air-conditioning regulation

Note: - If the necessary information is not forthcoming, because the relative control unit is defective or faulty, the air-conditioning system regulator functions using substitute values and simultaneously saves the fault code 35!

- In the menu item, actual values, the substitute values can be read out. The defective control unit or faulty sensor is also indicated, so the fault memory in the instrument cluster can be read out!

- If, for example, actual values of a speed of 60 km/h for the air conditioning in a stationary vehicle are given, this indicates a fault in the ABS/PSM System and the consequent inaccurate speed signal.

So Loren, should I start by comparing the oat value in the duratetric actual value to the outside temp using another thermometer before I presume the a/c controller to be faulty. (not trying to over simplify). But from what I'm reading above if the other values display correctly (speed, etc.) this would seem to be the cause?