Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

driver side headlight indicator

hi giuys i have just had my car resprayed because of peeling laquer ,but thats another story,they removed all the glass lights trim etc and it came out really nice .but for some reason my headlight indicator is intemitant now ,which is a pain in the ***,i tried removing it and checking the contacts ,but it still only working sometimes ,my question is where else can i check ? because they removed all the lights is there another place i e side indicators that is connected to the headlight indicator ? or something like that ,i should be enjoying a great paint job for awhile and not being depressed by a dodgy light ..

Hi -- Make sure your headlights are fully seated. You press the light housing in with considerable force and tighten the locking bolt until you hear a "clunk" which sounds somewhat disconcerting -- almost like a cracking plastic noise. You can search this forum for more detail on headlight seating/mounting and un-mounting.

You should also check the headlight bracket(s). They frequently become loose over time. It has two 10mm bolts that need to be tightened every now and then to secure the bracket. Once they are tight, seat the headlight assembly as mentioned above and you should be okay. I had some connectivity issues in the past, especially when it rained. I treated my contacts with some di-electric grease and that took care of the problem.