Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I just had my bonehead moment today.

A little background. I have a 2006 CS with Bose. I installed a mObridge/Cartronic BT/Ipod module for the PCM. It worked flawless for the past 3 years.

For the past 3 months, I have been having problems with the PCM. The radio/CD/mObridge would play and then cut out. The PCM screen would display "Loading CD...", the CD mechanism inside the PCM would run, and then the music will come back. If I was on a call thru the mObridge/BT, the "Loading CD.." would kick it and completely drop the BT function. I went to the Porsche Service and had them remove the CD changer from the MOST list as recommended by other mObridge installers.

A couple of weeks ago then PCM screen started to flicker and the PCM would go into a continuous reboot procedure. After some troubleshooting, I had to remove the CD mechanism inside the PCM for the system to work.

I thought I had solved the problem. Then it started again. I was noticing that mechanism for the CD changer in the rear would activate occasionally. I thought I had read somewhere that all connectors to the CD changer needed to be removed. I installed the loop on the CD changer fiberoptic connector.

Here's the bonehead move. I could not remove the other connector to the CD changer. It is a small connector with three wires; a brown, a yellow/orange and a white/orange. In a brilliant dumbass move, I decided to snip the wires. Well... Im up SCHIT creek. Now I lost the phone, amplified and NAV functions. I soldered the wires back and reconnected the whole system. I locked the car and let it sit for 15 mins. Still nothing.

Any suggestions? Does anyone know if there is a PCM/MOST ring fuse somewhere on the car?

I guess if I can't get this solved, I'll have to go the aftermarket stereo route. Not happy that I will have to drop $1K or more to get the stereo back.

Please advise.

PS: I know I'm idiot. Be gentle.

Is it possible when you snipped the wires that they shorted together. The brown is ground (standard color on German vehicles..) I'd assume one of the other wires is switched power, and one is constant power (so you can eject a CD cartridge without having to power up everything.) If I had to guess - one of those circuits has a blown fuse.

Do you know how to use a voltmeter? That's where I'd start.. see what voltages under what conditions are on those two wires - measuring to ground.

That's exactly what happened.

Still trying to figure out why the PCM cuts out and "loads" a CD. I removed the mObridge from the MOST ring and set everything back to the original config. The music would play from the FM tuner and after a few minutes it cuts out and "loads" a CD

I had to remove the CD mechanism from inside the PCM. Guess what? It still "loads" a CD. Don't know if it's a software issue inside the PCM or if the PCM is on its last legs.