Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Do a search on that. I can't remember the userID's but there have been several people recently that have done this. Also, search over on rennlist.com and 6speed

Sorry I couldn't help more, but at least this is a start.

Hey split, never got the money/check for the B&M ssk.. If ya changed your mind, ya should of had the courtesy to at least tell me.. :(

Do a search on that.  I can't remember the userID's but there have been several people recently that have done this.  Also, search over on rennlist.com and 6speed

Sorry I couldn't help more, but at least this is a start.

splitwindow, how much was the bumper and where did you get it from?. i've been looking for an original/replica

SplitWindow and DeadEye,

I put the RUF RGT front bumper and sideskirts on my C2 Cab two years ago. I bought the parts from Weissach which was the only authorized North American RUF dealer at the time (the RUF Autocentre in Dallas just opened a few months ago.) If I recall correctly the RGT front bumper (with air ducts and installation hardware) cost USD 1,100 and the RGT sideskirts cost USD 850.

DeadEye, I read in your post on Rennlist where you said you were considering getting the OEM Cup Aerokit sideskirts... I would strongly recommend you get the matching RUF RGT sideskirts if you're getting the RGT front bumper. The RGT front bumper is a quite bit lower than the OEM GT3 bumper so the OEM sideskirts will not look right.

As for the reinforcement bar... it needs to be cut about one and a half inches on both sides. The reinforcement bar is made of shock absorbing foam and can easily be cut using a hacksaw. You can also get the Turbo reinforcement bar, which is shorter than the C2 reinforcement bar and doesn't require cutting, but it is not worth it.

Finally, I think the RUF RGT front bumper is a good choice -- it is made of the same polyurethane material as the OEM bumper and it gives the car an agressive (but not over the top like TechArt) look and sets your car apart from the pack.

front-left-3-4.jpg

.:programmatore:.

thanks for the info programmator. i've decided to bite the bullet and get a pair of facelift litronics and do the new style RGT RS bumper. it just looks tooooo nice to resist ( **** you germans!)

dang! i guess you did a complete 180! i remember the back on forth on rennlist about wasting money on aero bling. i was the side of doing the mods you want to do now not the care you may/may not have 3,4,5 years from now. wow the facelift AND the rgt bumper is gonna cost a pretty penny.

got my RUF look bumper, in carbon fiber. i am a little worried about it being too fragile.. time will tell. it needs some prep which i am fully capable of doing. i guess you get what you pay for.

good luck

hehe, i wouldn't call it a complete 180 as i'm still very much into performance. I just felt that the 3.4L motor wouldn't have the balls to deal with the extra drag from the widbody kit i was going to do, not to mention the wider wheels needed to fill out the fenders. (plus i like the idea of having a fast show worthy car :) )

so now my priorities are as follows:

1)RGT facelift/PSS9's in tandem

2) Throttle body and ECU

3) Atomic Beaver Powered Flux Capacitor turbine, in carbonfiber.

Edited by DeAd-EyE

programmatore

Car looks real hot. I think i may re think my GT2 bumper and go for the RUF RGT.

Dead-Eye, let me know how the flux capacitor works out, if you get a good deal let me know, just watch for the 88.

Joe

hehe, i wouldn't call it a complete 180 as i'm still very much into performance. I just felt that the 3.4L motor wouldn't have the balls to deal with the extra drag from the widbody kit i was going to do, not to mention the wider wheels needed to fill out the fenders. (plus i like the idea of having a fast show worthy car :) )

so now my priorities are as follows:

1)RGT facelift/PSS9's in tandem

2) Throttle body and ECU

3) Atomic Beaver Powered Flux Capacitor turbine, in carbonfiber.

re: the rennlist thread... i thought you were convinced that you were gonna save the pennies for a gt3 instead of the performance mods. are you doing the FVD ecu and throttle body? i hear the "Atomic Beaver Powered Flux Capacitor turbine, in carbonfiber" is good for 100HP! it's well worth the money :P

Edited by karlooz