Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I have an evom tune on my 04 cayenne turbo and been having various issues with getting it to run smoothly. I have for quite some time getting various dme error codes under different categories and I have been told that sometimes this can be battery related, but the battery is less than 2 years old. I also came across some old posts that maybe it is related to a programming error at evom and wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. On top of all this I just had a camshaft sensor error bank 1 come up out of the blue and just reset it to see if it comes back.

Martin

One correction I will make is that it is not the camshaft but the crankshaft position sensor "A" error P0335 that I am now getting. I have had a few episodes of it taking a few seconds for the vehicle to turn over. Is this part easy to replace?

It is not a programming error, if that were the case the car would not run. You probably need to run the throttle body adaptation. Maybe someone here knows if it will automatically adapt eventually or not. Each time I have flashed one with a performance file, I have had to run the adaptation to get it to run smoothly. The camshaft code, may not be related to the running smoothness. Your best bet is probably to ask Evom about the problems. If you have Durametric you can run the adaptation by selecting Engine -> Basic Settings -> then enter channel 60 then click "On". Then watch the status on screen until it is done. After that the idle should be smoother.

The tune has been installed for less than a year. I am trying to figure out if this crankshaft position sensor error a result of a bad battery or is really going bad. Also could a bad crankshaft position sensor lead to timing being pulled under heavy throttle because does it not affect ignition and spark.

duram, do I run the adaptation with the engine running or not. Is this the same as when you put the key in the car but not starting it and waiting until you hear the throttle plate move around, then taking the key out and putting it back in again?

You want the ignition on but without the engine running. You should see all the lights on in the dashboard. When you run the adaptation you will hear the throttle body open and close as it does it's adaptation.

I just ran the throttle body adaptation in durametric and one thing that doesn't match up is the instructions when running it says that the values will change from 3 to 14 in the bottom box and when that happens, the adaptation is done. Mine stops at 11 and it says in the last box that adaptation ok. Is there a problem with my throttle body or if durametric says its ok, the adaptation has occurred. I am confused by the software telling me that 14 should be the value that it changes to when mine seems to stop at 11..

Martin

I just did the adaption on my '06 CTTS today and mine also stopped at 11. Makes me feel better that someone else got the same reading. I have had no problems but did get a Eurocharged tune last year. Martin, with the EVOM tune can you revert back to stock to see if the problem goes away? With the Eurocharged you get a MyGenius loading tool and you first copy the stock program, save it then you upload the Eurocharged tune and can go back to stock at any time, or upload a different Eurocharged tune.

mbagge01, do I know you from RS6.com? The Eurocharged tune for the CTTS isn't claimed to have as big of a difference as the tune for the regular CTT. I can see why as the CTTS is the exact same engine, just with bigger intercoolers and higher boost. So with higher boost, they probably can't bump up the boost on the CTTS that much as Porsche already did a bit but they've got more room to play with on the CTT. The throttle response is better with the Eurocharged than it was before, much more like it is when you turn the PSM off, just without the tranny downshifting with the PSM off.

Eurocharged can do a lot of custom tunes. When I pulled the engine on my RS6 for a $9 Turbo flange stud and ended up spending $9K on the project (all parts, my laborI also went with Catless Milltek downpipes and removed the Secondary Air injection system. A few companies said they could code out the Cats but only Eurocharged & Viper tuning said they could do the SAI system too. So I went with Eurocharged and have been happy with them. At no extra charge for the custom tuning also and they gave me a discount by buying software and loading tools for both cars.

As an update, I just replaced my crankshaft sensor and that definitely fixed my check engine problems and even improved the acceleration but the car will still pull timing and I am not sure if it is an EVOM tune issue or again something else I need to look for. I still get random DME electrical codes like the 905 one and am curious if anyone with an evom tune have had dme issues that affect performance. I am now starting to consider trying someone elses tune. I also have 2 step colder NGK plugs which I read was recommended if going around 600 horsepower but I am curious what issues could arise by going with too cold of a plug.