Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi

Im planning to get a ECU flash om my base Cayenne 2006, 3.2L V6.

I have spoken to EVOm and DMS. What is the opinion of the forum? Which would be better or more reliable? I know a lot of people are running these flashed ECUs...what is your experience with them or a reflash in general.

Also I want the sound more throatier...will a cat bypass fabspeed pipe help?

Thankssss

• Admin

IMHO a waste of money on a normally aspirated engine. 10 - 15 HP at best (regardless of what the salesman told you).

If you really want more power trade for Cayenne S or a Cayenne Turbo.

Some tuners flashing can produce huge HP gains on turbo engines with the proper exhaust and diverter valves - but do very little on normally aspirated engines.

I would tend to agree with Loren on this. Sometimes you can get a little better throttle response and a little more BHP & TQ but not much. I use Eurocharged in my CTTS and my Audi RS6 (Both Twin Turbos) and for the 3.2lt they claim 14bhp & 14lb/ft TQ but in reality it is probably a little less than this.

You can do a bit of searching on the filter but I think there is a bit of concensus on the the internet that with Hot wire Mass flow sensors that you should stay away from any oiled filter. Stock filters are fine but many, and I would also tend to agree say that the oil soaked filters will cause the MAF an early demise. Think of a frying pan that you have burned oil in, once it is burnt you can clean it but you will never get that black burnt film off it again. Every time a MAF hotwire starts up it super heats to burn off contaminants and if there is oil on it....

I have the Fabspeed and they are overpriced but I paid it. My CTTS sounds better but only slightly louder and not really noticeable at cruise. Power increase is probably only half of what these companies claim.

I agree with the others, any gain from a tune on a non-turbo would be minimal. If you are looking for sound then just do the e xhaust.I have Fabspeed sec cat bypass, makes my ctt a touch louder and not really noticable at all on highway...however I think on non-turbo the sec bypass would probably be louder since the turbos will not be there to quiet it down from the get go.