Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

OK just checking. Someone over at Rennlist attempted this with their 92A (don't know the year) and found what may be ductwork for the floor distribution system blocking access to the filter cover. May be similar to this procedure for a 2011 Toaureg posted here:

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/2011-cabin-filter-change-82471.html

I'm going to pull the passenger side cover this weekend and will report back. Thanks

• 4 months later...

Finally got around to this and took some pics for future reference. The procedure is a bit different for the 92A than the 9PA, at least the 2013 model year. I suspect it is the same for the 2011 and 2012 model years as well.First, their is only one screw to remove, using a T2 Torex wrench. It in the front, middle of the panel. You need a panel pry tool or strong fingers to release the front catches that are still holding it in place. Slip the tool between the panel and the glove box at one end to get the snaps to release. The end at the firewall is held in place with two rubber fingers that slip into brackets near the firewall. Rotating the front of the panel down will get these to slip out.Once you have the panel off, you are confronted with an air duct that has to be removed in order to get to the filter box. There is a retaining catch near the passenger door that needs to be released first. Locate it with your fingers and pry one side open. It will slip off the post at that point. The other end is a slip fit, so wiggling will get to release.The cover for the cabin filter does not have a screw holding it in place. Instead there is a hollow square plastic retainer at the firewall side that slips over a post at that end. The passenger side has a U shaped retaining clip. You have to release this one first. Its very tight quarters at that end. I could not get my fingers in there to release the clip. I fashioned a tool out of an old hose clamp by bending one end into a tight U. I slipped this end into the gap shown, hooked it over the retaining clip, gave a tug and this end of the filter cover released. Simply slip the other end off of the post.The filter itself takes some squeezing and wiggling to remove. The filter is bigger than the opening, so you will need to get you fingers in there to compress it to get it started out of the opening.Installation is the reverse of removal. Again, you have to compress the filter somewhat to get it into the box. Once it is in there, it wont fall out. Don't forget to put the gray foam gasket back on the filter cover before you snap it in place. Slip the firewall end over the post and snap the other end over the retainer post. The air duct is next, wiggling the large end back in place and snapping the retaining clip back onto the mating post. The two fingers on the back of the bottom panel slip into the appropriate brackets and the snap the front in place. Replace the one screw and you are done. With practice and the appropriate tool to get the cover retaining clip to release, probably a 15-20 minute job max.post-36109-0-15217900-1370793464_thumb.jpost-36109-0-03231100-1370793518_thumb.jpost-36109-0-34255800-1370793542_thumb.jpost-36109-0-59085700-1370793567_thumb.jpost-36109-0-15153900-1370793606_thumb.jpost-36109-0-41130200-1370793623_thumb.jpost-36109-0-51617100-1370793589_thumb.j

Edited by wwilliams88

• 2 years later...

Just did my 2014 Cayenne Diesel.  Was a breeze with the above info.  Thanks.  

Let me add a technique for getting the filter cover off - I used a pick and got it between the latch and the door and it popped right off.  Will try to post a picture, dont see that option in the "reply to this topic" window.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

Just did this yesterday and there were some differences on my 2011 Turbo.

The cover is held by a T20 Torx. And the filter door is held by another of the same dimension. 

But it went very easy, and I'm glad I took the effort. At 105,000 miles, that filter was loaded!

• Thanks 1