Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I have a 2002 3.6 carerra and am considering changing the DME module. I have been offered a used DME which has low recorded mileage and no over-revving. I have use of a pst2 and I know the ipass codes for my own car and can get them for the donor vehicle. My question is if use use the pst2 DME programming facility to set up the donor ECU to use on my vehicle, is the hours run, over-revs, mileage etc transferred from the original ECU to the donor ECU or are the donor ECU mileage etc maintained? Does the programming process render the original ECU unusable or can either ECU be used? Both ECU modules are 7.8 and should be compatible.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Paul G

Edited by Paul Grainger
  • Upvote 1

You will defintely need the IPAS codes for the donor DME. You will need them to set the immobiliser code to the same as your current DME. Programming the fuel map will not change the Vehicle Data in the donor DME. It will retain its coding and mileage, etc. You will be able to change the coding, but not the vehicle mileage or rev range values stored. You could get the mileage corrected, but I doubt any/many of the people who do this can correct the hours counter and rev ranges.

Your original DME will still work. No reason for it not to, as you aren't changing anything.