Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

hub removal instructions?

Hey Loren do you have instructions on how to remove the hubs f and rear? I am mainly concerned with the torque settings, as well as the priority of removal of some pieces as I removed the rear hub on my dad's 993tt and it required a lot of prying the aluminum arms to clear out of the holes, :help: which makes me nervious. Thanks Sean

I thought you had all the tools to do this and that it was only going to take you a couple of hours.

While it is not absolutely necessary, the ball joint tool, part number 9560, makes disassembly a piece of cake.

Ball joint torque is 55 ft-lb, 18mm wrench.

I do have all the tools and have done the rears on a 993tt before but farmed out the pressing. I just wanted to know the torque on the bolts as well as any specific removal process to make things quicker and reduce the risk of any damage etc. :)

So I had the bearings replaced and it still makes noise. BTW the bearings didn't spin perfectly so maybe not a bad idea replacing them anyways. What could be making this noise? The tires? I was told that my fronts were cupped would that do it? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. BTW I am going to make the dealer refund me for 111 bucks for the misdiagnosis.