Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Litronic city light, H6W

The problem you will run into trying to match the litronic light color is that it is not pupleish-blue like on the BMW's. I thought this was discussed in depth over on 6speed about replacing that light. I have tried but got tired of matching blue bulbs that when not illuminated that reflect blue in the housing and look very RICER. Not my cup of tea.

jinijazz,

you're right. the city light is yellowish. You need to buy the Philips Blue Vision H6W bulbs. they match up really well and reduce the yellowish tint that it casts on your litronics.

you can't get them in the US as they come from the Europe.

They don't make your headlight look bluish either as they are pretty small.

If you're interested, I have a extra pair in the package still. otherwise you'll have to order them from the UK.

post-2618-1111458084_thumb.jpg

hey Jinijazz,

in my opinion, they are still a little yellowish, but def better than the stock ones.

you can really notice the difference when you are about 10 feet away form the car.

The old ones make your xenons look pretty yellow.

with the philips bulbs, not so noticible.

let me know if want this extra set to save time and shipping from the UK.

$25 shipped to you.

Thanks for the offer, MA$E.

Fortunetely I just got used pairs from local Boxster owner.

FYI, AMBulbs.com told me they are working on better city light bulbs(whiter but not blueish reflextion when it's off) .

Thanks for help!

okay the reason for litronic bulbs are blue is because that the bulb base which all cars with HID are equipped with are labeled d2s. after 200 hours of use from the time the bulbs are new, it tends to "colorshift".

New D2S bulbs from philips are yellow at start, until around 150 hours of use it goes through a color change to pure white . then bluish white.

Buying BLUE halogen bulbs kills output and you can barely see at night. its like putting a blue lens through a flashlight and then go out into the woods to find a coin on the ground. You cant see crap. All of you need to learn up on High intensity discharge technology and make an investment of having "litronic" dont know why porsche calls it, its basically a special name instead of HID or xenon.

and again to reiterate on the bulbs. Philips are YELLOW when brand new and over time it changes color to whitish then bluish white. for Osram bulbs it puts out a pinkish white color after 200 hours

jinijazz,

you're right. the city light is yellowish. You need to buy the Philips Blue Vision H6W bulbs. they match up really well and reduce the yellowish tint that it casts on your litronics.

you can't get them in the US as they come from the Europe.

They don't make your headlight look bluish either as they are pretty small.

If you're interested, I have a extra pair in the package still. otherwise you'll have to order them from the UK.

i have the philips 3400° bulbs for my headlights and parking lights (W5W). they are noticeably whiter than standard halogen bulbs but not as white at litronics. they do look better than the standard parking bulbs with HID lights though as i put them on my other car.

i've seen that philips now has 4000°K bulbs. those should be whiter. haven't tried them but i will when mine burn out.