Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cayenne Turbo S, to buy or not to buy

Good Morning Dear Forum Members,

i have a offer to buy a nice Cayenne Turbo S.

Model 06/ 2005

about 85.000 miles

clean service history

no any damages or dents

car is full loaded with everything what was possible.

+ 20 inch Porsche rims with Winter wheels

+ 22 inch Porsche rims with summer wheels

it is about USD 17.000

the only concern i have is the engine noise. i know these engines are running rough every time. i dont have experience with turbos.

what you think about this offer? any help from your side is welcome.

Thank you , Thomas

IMG_0067.MOV

Seems priced a bit low. They usually go somewhere north of 30,000 Canadian here in Calgary. These are sought after and price usually reflects that.

Take it for an PPI at a good shop. The engine sounds fine just like our two. The insurance on the turbo is quite high. Dual sets of wheels is nice. If the inspection is good then you are getting smoking deal.

MY2004 was 17,900 and MY2006 was 26,000 so .... yeah great deal. I looked at a 2004 Turbo that needed tires, brakes and coils and the dealer would not budge below 29,000. I hope it is all good for that price ... Nice!

It does seem to be a good deal. Most of that noise your hearing with the hood up is just the injectors firing, not the lifters as many think. I know buying a Porsche new or used in Germany is less expensive that the rest of us pay but it still seems to be a good deal. I know there is a Porsche dealer across the river off the 661, if you are a little nervous then take it there for a Pre-purchase Inspection. There is a great Go-kart track close to the dealer where you could kill some time and Euro's while waiting for it to get done.

Thank you very much to all of you. Thank you for your input. I will take the car. Even the 2 pairs of original porsche rims are worth the deal.

Car looks great . Very clean. Just got new brakes some time ago. I will report later with some pics.

A very last question. Until now i only drove cayennes without air suspension. This one have. How can i check that it is working proper?

Thanks , thomas

As far as the Air Suspension, I would just get in it and start it up. Then press the button forward to raise it all the way to the special terrain level position, once there lower it all the way to the bottom, then raise it up to Normal level again. This should be enough to check the positions and by raising it up twice it should use enough air to cause the compressor to engage. Do it with the passenger side window down so you can be sure you hear the compressor kick on.

Any chance you have Durametric so you can check it for codes? If so, take it for a test drive an check most controls including the suspension and check it for codes after your drive just in case the seller cleared codes before your arrival.