Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Just finished my interior

Hi,

Thanks, Im very happy with it. There were lots of loose screws etc which explains the rattles, Now all gone. Carpets were soaked due to blocked drains, Again all gone. Changed the dash bulbs to red for the bottom of cluster and blue for clocks and looks more modern now. Fitted some wheel spacers aswell and had coilovers put on a few weeks ago. New indicator stalk which fixed the not working self cancelling indicator issue. Next stop, GT3 bumper and skirts.

Nice work. Can you expand on what seats you used (997?) and whether resurfaced or replaced door panel, etc. what kind of sound insulation did you use( can't recognize logo) and why did you go the extra mile with the insulation?- new sound system,Peeved with rear tire road noise ?..?

Cheers,

Johan

Nice work. Can you expand on what seats you used (997?) and whether resurfaced or replaced door panel, etc. what kind of sound insulation did you use( can't recognize logo) and why did you go the extra mile with the insulation?- new sound system,Peeved with rear tire road noise ?..?

Cheers,

Johan

Hi,

Seats are from a low mileage 2004 boxster and are mint condition, Door panels i bought in seperate auctions for about $90 each. Rear panels and seat cushions were dyed with leather dye and look brand new. Dash was from a 996 and was only about $150 and in great condition. All other bits and bobs bought on ebay for small money. Regarding the Fatmat sound proofing, I felt the car was too noisy at motorway speeds and wanted to quiet it down a bit which i think i have although if someone has a cab and the iphone decibel app then it would be interesting to test at 70 mph to see what the difference would be. Best thing is i think i have put the car together much better as there are no rattles or squeeks like before. Also had coilovers fitted and wheels spacers which make the car look and drive much better than before probably due to tired shocks etc.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

Sorry for the late reply with this but have just taken my hard top off for the summer. I drove on the m62 for a good few miles today with varying road surfaces and it ranged from 80 to 90db at 70mph. Around 84 most of the time with no blowers etc on and in 5th gear (tip). I also have the gundo hack done so don't know whether this may add a little. What are your readings at 70? I may look to do something similar to you as there are a few rattles and creaks which I would love to get rid of. A job for the summer I think.

Regards

Richard