Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I´ve a PSE on my car. The PSE was not installed from factory, so I only have a ugly aftermarket button on the dash that works manely has an ON/OFF button, because it turns ON and off the PSE at any speed or at idle, it doesn´t cut the PSE at low speeds when it´s in the ON position.

Went to my dealer and bought the original button to put on the dash, but they told me they could not install the original button because they didn´t know what kind on connections the aftermarket button had.

I said that I only wanted the original button to do the same ON/OFF function the aftermarket button was making, but they told me I would have to buy the original conections wires that costs 150Euros and only then the original button would work properly. :angry:

Well I have some doubts, if they install the original warness with original button, will the PSE be cut at low speeds went switch ON like the standart PSE does?

Is there any way to adapt the original button to the existing conections on the aftermarket button?

I can post some pics of the aftermarket conections for all of you, if this help to solve this question. Thanks in advance.

J.Seven

The porsche switch is a momentary switch that turns on the relay that controls the sport exhaust control valve. If your aftermarket switch is the same,you could solder the wires to the terminals.

This is how most switches in cars work today, but I do not have a wiring print on this circuit so this is just a guess.

stan

Edited by stan

• Admin

The original PSE switches go to a relay, that in turn switches a solenoid, that in turn switches a vacuum valve, that causes the (vacuum actuated) valves on the mufflers to either open or close. If there is a 3rd party switch then it is anybodys guess as to how it is connected and works - someone will need to trace it back.