Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Coding an alternative tire size?

Has anyone ever successfully used the Durametric to add an alternative tire size to the TPMS control module? Porsche documentation states there is a programmable field available to do this, and in the control module section of the Durametric software, the coding function takes you to a screen also showing the "freely programmable" field. Not being a programmer or having access to any coding documentation, I could not figure out what "code" I needed to input in order to get the TPMS to display 295/35/21 as a tire size option, summer tire, partial load. Anyone have a clue?????

Right now, I simply have TPMS turned off; I'd rather have it active.

Edited by spooltime

• Moderators

Isn't the tire size option built into the TPMS on board dash display system?

Check your owner's manual for information concerning how to select this option.

From a 2011 Cayenne owner's manual (http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/2011-cayenne/4/123/Tires):

"Entering Tire Data and Display

Incomplete entries or selection of the wrong tires on the multi-purpose display affect correct indication of warnings and messages.

• The settings must be updated in the "Tire pressure" menu after changing a wheel, filling with tire sealant or adding air (after previous warning "Tire pressure!").
  • Please see the chapter "RED WARNING – TIRE PRESSURE!" on page 125.

The new tire type and tire size must be selected even if the settings for the new set of wheels are the same as for the old wheels.

pg_123_submenu_1.jpg

Yes, there are certain tire options pre-coded into the TPMS "setting" menu, but it is possible to code in one available field for a tire size not among the pre-coded in selections. There's a reference to this in the shop manual, and if you go into the coding section for the TPMS module, you can even see the available field to code. I'll take a screen shot of the coding section and post it up later. Basically, I'd like to add a 21" wheel/tire option to my '06.

It's probably a piece of cake to do with the PIWIS; maybe not so much with my Durametric.