Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Salutations to all,

I have just recently acquired a fabulously new Black/Havanna '05 Cayenne V6 complete with PASM, Auto-Climate control, Bi-Xenon options. :clapping:

Pardon my ignorance as I am relatively new to this prestigious marque.

However, I have gathered thru the posts that there are some teething problems such as:

1) 'Chassis' vibrations

2) Loss of oil thru piston rings

3) Gear shifting issues from 'D' to 'R'

4) Jerky transmission on the road

I also plan to mod:

1) Fabspeed 2ndry by-pass cat

2) 20" wheels (What size of rim width is appropriate?)

3) ECU upgrade

4) Side marker lamps

5) more.... :rolleyes:

I would love to contribute to the forum as time goes by.

I'd appreciate if some kind souls in this community could point me in the right direction. :unsure: Thanks in advance. ;)

Cheers

B)

Congrats on your purchase.

I had 12K miles on my V6 before I traded it for an S, but I didnt have any of these issues you mentioned aside from number 4 which was fixed by the dealer remapping DME i think it was W516. I had 18 inch turbo wheels, never added oil, and no issues with the R to D issue. I've seen post on the lost of oil on the turbo's dont have that issue on my S yet knock on wood.

Fabspeed for the v6 is now offered and was highly recommended. I inquired digi-tec for the ECU upgrade they said about 25 HP increase, they're in LA area, here's the site

http://www.digi-tec.us/myc_porsche.html, hope this helps I'm sure some of the other V6 owners can assist you, enjoy your V6, awesome in the snow, been to 2-3 snow storms in Tahoe :thumbup:

I also changed the "Cayenne" trunk logo (the V6 version only comes in black) with the brushed aluminum look version. You have to buy the logo for the “Cayenne S” (aluminum) and through away the “S”. The aluminum logo is a big improvement over the cheesy black plastic one. Total cost $8.00 from Sunset Imports. :thumbup:

Edited by baysidec4

Thanks for the prompt response. :)

I will enquire with my dealer about remapping the DME with W516. :lightbulb:

The Fabspeed option looks very tempting and from the previous posts, it should be a breeze to install it too. :)

Has anyone tried the ECU upgrade yet? :unsure: Do we have to replace it with an exchange module with a diagnostic tool to 'marry' the car? :help: