Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Been asking our local Chief technician from the local dealership, I understand that fitting a 20" wheel for street use may damage the steering rack. It will result in some gradual clicking sounds when you are executing a turn. I have heard large wheel upgrades affecting the suspensions and bushings but not the steering gears?!

He claims that the steering rack is different between the V8 and the V6 variants too.

Can anyone confirmed this fact?

Regards

I don't know why aftermarket 20's would be any different than OEM 20's as faras the steering rack is concerned. Lots of folks here and at rennlist have 22's with no problems, though I think 22's are a little over the top. I have aftermarket Italia AT rims for my snowtires (albeit in 18) and they work fine. I have OEM 19's on mine- it was the best deal when I ordered mine.

Hi,

Please do not misunderstand, the Chief Technician did not discriminate against the use of aftermarket rim. He simply mentioned that 22" had caused steering rack problems for several CTTs already, so he suspects that 20" may cause similar problems for the CV6 with the standard setup although no V6 has installed any ultra large wheels yet.

It seems that the OEM 20" option is not applicable for the V6, is this true?

Does anyone here use Kahn Design wheels or have any comments about them? Those rims look great and seem reasonably priced too.

Why would 20's not work for the V6- the suspension is the same as the V8 isnt' it? Maybe springs rates are a little different because the engine doesn't weigh as much, but otherwise the suspension design is the same...

• 1 month later...