Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

About six months ago I started getting a warning every time I start the car and pull away - "Drive Off Assistant Failure".  

I checked it today and it is definitely not working.

I don't really care about the feature at all - I learnt clutch control 30 years ago - but I am getting ready to sell the vehicle and I know any buyer will want this fixed. 

Any ideas what causes this sub-system to start not working?  You think it is likely to be a mechanical or an electrical problem?

Any pointers or ideas appreciated.

2009 C4S w 37K miles.

Do you drive with your foot on the clutch pedal all of the time? I also heard that a switch inside the tranny can cause this light to come on.  I'm very interested in wha you find.

• Moderators

About six months ago I started getting a warning every time I start the car and pull away - "Drive Off Assistant Failure".  

I checked it today and it is definitely not working.

I don't really care about the feature at all - I learnt clutch control 30 years ago - but I am getting ready to sell the vehicle and I know any buyer will want this fixed. 

Any ideas what causes this sub-system to start not working?  You think it is likely to be a mechanical or an electrical problem?

Any pointers or ideas appreciated.

2009 C4S w 37K miles.

If you Google "Drive off Assistant Failure" you will find more than a few people with this issue.  Unfortunately, for some reason, this system cannot be disabled (to my knowledge). The system is also very complicated as it has to know what gear the car is in, is the car moving, is it on an angle greater than 5 degrees, etc.; so there are a lot of sensors involved.  I think you are going to need either a dealer or an indie with a PIWIS to help sort this out.

• 4 weeks later...

I took the car to a Porsche dealer so they'd have access to the right diagnostic equipment.  They ran thediagnosis and concluded it was caused by a low voltage condition that occurred in the past (the car battery did go flat a while ago).

They charged the battery and told me the problem was fixed.  They made no charge for the work - which seemed like a good deal...

I drove off and two minutes later the warning late came on again.

A bit frustrating - another trip to the dealer upcoming...