Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Boxster AC

Hello Porsche lovers,

Have a big problem with the AC on my car a boxster 2.7 from 2003, pressing the snow button but ventilators don't start, kompresor kicks, if I will rev the engine shortly the gas will be released trough the expansion valve, short story is that ventilators are not starting, I changed already the AC unit, I checked the fan reley and don't start even when short is applied.

Currently i'm using a wire from contact to ventilators, every time I start the engine they will run as well but this is not a proper way to be used.

Appreciate if some of you with more experience could help.

When you say ventilators, I take it you are referring to the radiator fans upfront. From your description, the fan motors appear to be operational, so it must be something in the control electronics or the wiring to the fans. Proper diagnosis would require something like a Durametric cable & software, allowing you to activate each fan separately.

When you say ventilators, I take it you are referring to the radiator fans upfront. From your description, the fan motors appear to be operational, so it must be something in the control electronics or the wiring to the fans. Proper diagnosis would require something like a Durametric cable & software, allowing you to activate each fan separately.

After paying more than 3000$ on general diagnoses and my car still not running i'm trying to do'it myself now...mechanics said that is the AC unit...i replaced, after  that they blamed the TCM(Transmission control module) even after i fix it i bought a second of to be sure, now they said is the wiring of the car and is very complicated and i should sell the car...

In Abu Dhabi i don't have other options/mechanics, last night when i was driving i noticed that the light for clima is not open, everything else seems to work normal, i just need to make the front ventilators start from the snow button only...and i don't know how else to try them

You might check the ballast resistors, which I believe are mounted on the front fan shroud.

If you do a forum search for "ballast resistor", I'm sure you'll find that the problem is fairly common, particularly for cars operating in high temperatures.