Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How To: Removal of airbag stickers on sunvisors

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

This post was a huge help. Thanks for the details and photos.

I have a few mods:

My visors didn't seem to want to slide off, so I remove the assembly:

Carefully! remove the black plastic covers around the arm at the roofliner with a trim tool - they are thin and fragile and cover an identically sized mount, so the trick is to get the trim tool between the cover and the mount and not between the mount and the roofliner. There are four tabs holding on the cover - front/back/sides - use the trim tool in a corner and gently pry. Then a torx-25 screw will be revealed. Unscrew that and you are good to go.

Other tips:

1 - remove the entire assembly - could be easier that pulling of the visor - definitely don't do this in the car.

2 - 91% alcohol and don't even think about less than 15 minutes.

3 - careful pulling as noted - go slowly and DON'T let the edges stick/rip and stay on or they will be hard to remove - it all needs to come off in one piece as described. It's like a piece of rubber - like a balloon.

4 - No paper towels for clean up - use a rugged shop cloth or similar with some teeth to it. The adhesive is strong and fights back. A paper towel is not tough enough.

5 - I didn't have the 3M cleaner. Goo-Gone is useless. I resorted to WD40 and some strong vinyl interior cleaner. These visors are probably the toughest part of the car - they'll be around when man is long extinct. Maybe the 3M stuff would work, or maybe that lighter fluid someone suggested is a better idea. Start with the least harsh and work your way up just to be safe.

6 - The Sand/Beige side was a lot of work getting it clean - and, as most comment, there's a shiny rectangle left, but not so bad - leagues better than the warning label. And a little vinyl dressing seems to have "blended" it a bit so that it is barely noticeable.

7 - the mirror side was cake - label came off after 15 sec, some WD40 followed by the vinyl interior cleaner and not a sign of it left - like it was never there.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did mine today and it looks great. After the 15 min the mirror sticker wiped right off and I used a little more alcohol to wipe it clean, on the other side as they said it came off like an old balloon but it did come off easy I do have a little ghost image of the old sticker but I think with some Armor all it should blend in nicely.

It looks great with some Armor All on it the ghost image of the sticker is gone. One more thing instead of removing the mirror I put a Publix bag between the mirror and the cover.

Edited by valfam