Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Valve lift actuator code 1371

I have a 2008 Cayenne S with 65k that is stock.  Two weeks ago, I came to a stop at a red light and noticed the idle was rough.  Initially I thought it may be bad gas so I got some fuel injector cleaner.  Then the CEL came on.  I pulled the codes with my Durametric software.  No misfires, just Bank 1 1371.  Did a scan on this message board on the topic.  I ordered a new valve lift actuator and replaced- No change.  I took the Bank 1 actuator and installed it on the Bank 2 side- No change.  I replaced all the spark plugs- No change.  Other than the idle and CEL, the truck runs fine, has great power, and gets normal mpgs (19 on hwy).  On start up,the idle is normal.  No unusual noises or issues.  I think the Durametric may be displaying the wrong code.

Any suggestions like cleaning the MAFs? I am a "do it yourselfer" that has run out of things to do.  The dealership is a 6 hour round trip so I am avoiding that for now.

Pls advise.

As crazy as this sounds, you most likely have a vacuum leak at the back (bottom) of intake manifold causing the lift control code. I had this same issue on mine. Basically it was a vacuum leak causing the lift control code (bank 2)

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

I second the chance it's a pcv vacuum hose or pipe leaking and probably opens up as the engine warms up and idle decreases. Don't rule out your AOS diaphragm split, check valves all around the front intake area and the two at the rear of the manifold, cracked flexi piping between bank 1+2, throttle body gasket and throttle body dirty, manifold gaskets or cracked split intake Y pipe ..............the list is exhaustive. 

Also I assume your oil is clean and regular changes? Plugs and coils is good condition and no cracks down the sides of the coil pencil stem?

I changed a lot of stuff on mine from just old age and Wear.