Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

air suspension front stay down

20 minutes ago, thor1974 said:

I have here a 2006 Porsche Cayenne 4.5V8. The car get new Air struts in the front and regulator Valve but the front Struts stay down. in the Cluster comes the message not permission. had someone an idea how to fix that?

You need to recalibrate the air suspension assuming everything is put back together correctly.?

You could try disconnecting the battery for 30 mins and reconnecting (go for a slow speed drive carefully avoid tight turns and bumps, the system might initialise and pump up to set heights but I doubt it).

I had the same issue after changing the top strut arm and only could get it working after recalibration using my Ross-tech vagcom vcds as the Cayenne utilises basically the same as a touareq control module. 

the suspension was 50% working it went up and goes 1 level more up and down. the car was parking 3 weeks and the Battery was dead. I put a smaller battery in of a chevy s10 but the suspension don't raise up in the front. I have vcds where I have to go to see what is going on?

17 hours ago, thor1974 said:

the suspension was 50% working it went up and goes 1 level more up and down. the car was parking 3 weeks and the Battery was dead. I put a smaller battery in of a chevy s10 but the suspension don't raise up in the front. I have vcds where I have to go to see what is going on?

Go to chassis tab and select 34 self level suspension. 

The vcds actually gives you on screen tutorial on how to use this for calibration. 

Put in the security code as it instructs 15624 iirc and then begin the calibration sequence. 

Knowing the correct measurements is a bit difficult as vw and Porsche take the mm measurement from different places and there fore the mm you see on vcds won't relate to your thinking, so don't try to compare it just use it a number. 

What I did was measured the rear from centre hub to arch then compared to front. Cross reference that against the vcds figure and input the difference as a subtraction to the mm measurement on the front thus fooling the vcds into thinking the front is low and it will pump it up. 

Eg 

Rear 240mm

Front 215mm (but we know its incorrect because it's sagging) 

So try telling it the front is actually 195mm thus it will raise it by 20mm next time. 

Now you have 235mm. Compare front and back I think normal ride height is around 8-10cm from top of tyre to wheel arch. 

It's a bit fiddly so leave yourself a good few hours to have a play. 

If the reading you put in the test is not accepted then rock the car forward and back until it accepts the number you entered. You can even drive forward and back small amount as I did. 

If you get any error you must start again from security code input forward.  

I'm out of country so this is the best I could remember. 

If anyone else knows how to do this with vcds better pls chime in, I think my method is haphazard but was the only way I got my to level back up and it's worked fine since. 

1 hour ago, thor1974 said:

That is by the Porsche not working. if I go on 34 then he starts with searching and the message comes "no response from Controler" by the other Cayenne which I have I can read out nearly everything.

I'm sorry I don't understand your reply. 

Which models and year Cayenne you have? 

8 hours ago, thor1974 said:

is a 2006 Cayenne 4.5 V8

it tell me always 'no response from Controller

That's weird, which version of vcds you have? I'm also 2006 ctt, I run version 15.1 I think and it picks up on nearly all modules. Try doing an auto scan from the list by selecting Touareg 2003-200? Can't remember but its there. 

It takes a while to find and scan each module. Copy the scan and post it here. 

3 hours ago, thor1974 said:

will do it tomorrow. I can ready out the Engine under a 2006 Touareg but the rest is not working. the struts in the front now up after 5 miles driving but it is not adjustable.

The vcds version I have is 15.7.1

Menu chassis then click 34 "level control" 

IMG_20161221_124627.jpg

IMG_20161221_124642.jpg

IMG_20161221_124729.jpg

IMG_20161221_124938.jpg

i have VCDS 16.8 and I don't get response from the controller module to get to the adjustment. I drove the Porsche first it was a hopping bunny because the front suspension was complete down but after driving it pumps up. after 2 days parking the front goes down again.

3 hours ago, thor1974 said:

i have VCDS 16.8 and I don't get response from the controller module to get to the adjustment. I drove the Porsche first it was a hopping bunny because the front suspension was complete down but after driving it pumps up. after 2 days parking the front goes down again.

Chinese cable perhaps?