Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Publications

• Moderators

Every Boxsternaut should have these books

book1_001.sized.jpg

Each year Porsche puts out a technical intro booklet. In 2002 it came out on a cd with all Porsche models on the cd.

tech_intro1.sized.jpg

For 2003 this is what they give the mechanics, but us customers cannot buy it as far as I know. I think we have to wait until Porsche comes out with a model year 2003 cd.

03_boxster_tech_intro1.sized.jpg

For 2003 the fact book that had combined all models came out for just the Boxster. This you cannot buy as it is for the sales department. I know someone in sales.

fact_books.sized.jpg

Then there is the workshop manuals in 15 binders. I had hoped that after 7 model years the after market would come out with a good DIYer repair manual, like Bently or Haynes. Jeff

• Moderators

The books on the left and the middle are the same factory books published in 1996, but the one on the left has a red cover and crest. The book on the left you can only get from the museum. The book in the middle you could buy from you dealer but it has been out of print for many years. The ISBN is 3-7688-0966-8. The red book I bought from a guy in Germany as he had an English version. Once in a while I will see the middle book on ebay.

The book on the right is for the S and was printed in 2000. When I found out the was such a book I bought it from a dealer immediately as I knew there was a limited number of copies. That one is 3-7688-1158-1. I bought it 3 years ago and doubt if any dealer has any left. I did see one on German ebay. Jeff

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

It took over 3 weeks to show up and I never thought I would be able to get my hands on it. This is the Boxster 2003 tech intro booklet that is given to the mechanics at the traning center. It covers VarioCam, MOST, PCM, and other changes for MY03. It is a supplement to the original 1997 tech intro. Cost $20. Jeff

book_tech_intro.sized.jpg

• 11 months later...